cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new purchased intel n-6300 problems.

imbloodyskintag
Level 8
Bought off ebay and just wanted to confirm/ask other new 6300 owners if there card had a full row of gold contacts on both sides of it, as mine doesnt, beginning to think I bought wrong one.

I am getting a code 10 fault on it.

So,
Before I buy another one I jus need to confirm if I did indeed buy the wrong one for my asus.

Thanks(im on my upstairs ethernet connection at the minute)
2 REPLIES 2

BrodyBoy
Level 10
imbloodyskintagain wrote:
Bought off ebay and just wanted to confirm/ask other new 6300 owners if there card had a full row of gold contacts on both sides of it, as mine doesnt, beginning to think I bought wrong one.

I am getting a code 10 fault on it.

So,
Before I buy another one I jus need to confirm if I did indeed buy the wrong one for my asus.

Thanks(im on my upstairs ethernet connection at the minute)

Mine has a full pin allotment (there's no contact at the arrow next to the slot, but that's normal). On the opposite side, there are fewer contacts.

I'm afraid it's fairly widely-known that most of the ones sold on eBay are counterfeit. Perhaps you may have gotten one.

PS: Did you completely uninstall the previous driver before installing that card? Don't assume yet that it's counterfeit and won't work.....you should still troubleshoot on the assumption that it's an installation/driver issue.

BrodyBoy wrote:
Mine has a full pin allotment (there's no contact at the arrow next to the slot, but that's normal). On the opposite side, there are fewer contacts.

I'm afraid it's fairly widely-known that most of the ones sold on eBay are counterfeit. Perhaps you may have gotten one.

PS: Did you completely uninstall the previous driver before installing that card? Don't assume yet that it's counterfeit and won't work.....you should still troubleshoot on the assumption that it's an installation/driver issue.

Hi mate,
Thankyou yet again for your response, as always you are very helpful and a credit to this site.

I did run intels own test program and it didsay the driver was correct and working, but the card failed the test due to,
being uninstalled or disabled, neither or which it was? (showed up fine in device manager)

I tried this on my dell laptop aswell and it gave the same result.

That had a intel 5300 card fitted to it and that like the asus card also had a full row of gold contacts on both sides. From what I have read since posting this I am convinced that this card is lenova only compatible.

This listing did state quite a few laptops that this will work on and while it did state asus, it only listed one, so I assumed it would work in mine, YET it also listed my old dell studio 1557, but tried in that and got same result.

The seller sent a reply with a link to a site, but it was quoting a code 10 fault when using a usb device, so no good for me?
I replied and stated that this card doesnt have complete row of gold contacts on both sides as with my dell and as of yet not herd back from them.
I think its gonna be a matter of requesting a refund.