cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[R4E] Overclocking has failed! (just in first boot of the day) Video*

Fedoteh
Level 7
Hi you all. I have this problem, so i just recorded it on a video (bad quality, i know) i uploaded on YouTube to see if anyone can help me. I got this message since the last 3 consecutive days. As you can see: System unstable/Reboot/OC has failed/Reboot/Everything works normal. (it's in red because that is not recorded, but it happens always, trust me).

Off: What is that light under my last PCI expansion slot?

Ok, here goes the video:
17 REPLIES 17

PantherModern
Level 7
I am having an identical issue which I just posted a thread about.

What are your system specifications?

Fedoteh
Level 7
3930k @ stock values
RIVE
GSkill RipJawsX 1866 MHz @ 1866MHz (via XMP)
Geforce GTS 250
CoolerMaster Extreme Power 600 watts.

Maybe the PSU sucks, and that's why this is happening, i dunno. I'm going to buy a new one anyways..

I do not think it is the PSU, because this would not cause the BIOS settings to be lost. 600W PSU is enough for your configuration.

Retired
Not applicable
The light is the bios 1/2 (yellow light)

If it next to the go-button..

Did watch ur video..

Fedoteh
Level 7
@grottslampan and where is located the light for the 2/2?

I have to mention that this issue has started 3 days ago. I have this system since the beggining of the month (30 days aprox.) I have my BIOS to 1202 too. I'm starting to think that it might be a "cold boot" issue. Because it just happens when i left the PC shuted down for many hours.

Retired
Not applicable
left_ 1
right_2

Fedoteh
Level 7
Apparently i'm running the BIOS 2. Because the PBC has a "BIOS 2 LED" sign (now i have zoomed my sights, lol). Does this affect in some way my performance or may be the cause for my current issue?

Retired
Not applicable
i am not sure, i threw a fast eye at my R4F, which is close to me right now.. (which is one, and two)

Check the manual, for 100%

Dont pay that to much attention now, focus on get ur ROG working..

GetMax
Level 7
Use the "By all cores" settings in BIOS. This should resolve the problem. I also have the "Cold Boot" issue when I that setting is it on Auto. When the mb warms up the messages disappear only problem is that when I use "By all cores" my cpu locks it self 12x when it resumes from sleep mode after 20+ min.
Intel 3930K @ 4.2ghz C1 @ Offset (- something) @1.3V
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme (BIOS-4901-BOLTS4BREKFAST Mod)
ASUS GTX 1070 8GB Dual OC
Swiftech H220-X Liquid
16 gb Corsair Dominator GT 2133mhz cas 9 @ 1.5V
Corsair Carbide Air 540
Corsair AX 860i PSU
Corsair K70 LUX RGB Keyboard
Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
Samsung 830 256GB SSD
Intel 320 SSD
Creative Sound Blaster ZxR
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit (Latest)