cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

London ON Canada :: LN2 Overclocking Event @ UnLab on UWO Campus

Retired
Not applicable

UnLondon & Hardware Canucks are proud to present the first overclocking event at the UnLab in London Ontario!

Join us on Thursday January 27, 2011 from 6PM until the cold stuff is gone at UnLondon's UnLab for an overclocking party using the latest computer hardware from Intel and ASUS.

999 Collip Circle :: Convergence Centre on UWO Campus :: London, Ontario :: click to go to google maps...

I will be in house overclocking Intel’s latest and greatest processors using Liquid Nitrogen. Some of you may know me around here, some may not. I have been ranked in the top 10 in the world on HWBot.org, and currently fighting to keep the top Canadian overclocker spot on the Bot. I will be overclocking the latest Intel 2600K & 980X flagship processors, ASUS Maximus IV Extreme & Rampage III Extreme motherboards, an ASUS GTX580, and Corsair Dominator GTX2 memory.

There is a little bit of geek in all of us, and what is more geeky than overclocking a computer with liquid nitrogen? I will be happily answering any and all questions related to overclocking while benchmarking some of the latest hardware on the market; as well, everyone will get a chance to pour some LN2.

There will be snacks, drinks, contests, Beer Infuser demonstrations, and a host of other things to do and see. Prizes and swag have been arranged from Canada’s premier hardware review and news site Hardware Canucks.com including a Gigabyte P55A-UD6, a Corsair Vengeance 8GB kit (sponsored by Corsair), and an ASUS HD 5770 CuCore. So come out, learn a little bit about the world of extreme overclocking, have some fun, and take home some great prizes!

If you plan on joining us, please sign up at Eventbright.com here so we can get an idea on how many people are going to make it out. Feel free to ask any questions or discuss the event here.
8 REPLIES 8

ottoyu34
Level 9
Wow, awesome for HWC and UWO is bringing this together, It's a bit of a long drive from T.O for me.
and the weather is unpredictable and cold now (-15C)

Retired
Not applicable
ottoyu34 wrote:
Wow, awesome for HWC and UWO is bringing this together, It's a bit of a long drive from T.O for me.
and the weather is unpredictable and cold now (-15C)

Yeah, it would be a bit of a drive from TO with the 401 getting snowed out seemingly once a week. We should be having more things like this at the UnLab going forward. I like the idea of a big benching party with a bunch of guys running rigs some day.

Retired
Not applicable
this thursday?! hurmmm should i request a trip out there?

Retired
Not applicable
Brian@ASUS wrote:
this thursday?! hurmmm should i request a trip out there?

like i said, i wish this was a big enough event to warrant a trip out here with a prize package. it would be great to see you again Brian.

the M4E is here and testing has begun:

to avoid potential issues with going to cold using phase, i managed to duct tape a loop together of stuff sitting around in boxes. yes, that is an Asetek waterblock with a diaper. the hold down fits 1155 holes almost perfectly...not sure what the hold down was for originally.

here is the first decent 32M from the setup:

i need to get the Hypers working on the next higher ratio, although, i could insulate the DIMMs and run the memory at 6-6-5 at these clocks going sub-zero with the GTX2s. plenty of options.

Retired
Not applicable
i have now transitioned over to a single stage with evap temps around -35C.

i haven't seen any gains in clocks, but i feel more comfortable going over 1.55v and i no longer have to keep my window open to keep the water temps cold 🙂

here is also a quick 05 from last night:

it really looks like this chip is just going to max out around 5550 or less. it isn't responding to more vCORE or cold temps immediately. i am messing with multi's right now. the good news is that it doesn't seem to be adversely affected by cold in either clocks, or BCLK. running 32M at 108.1 right now.

Mack_4033
Level 7
2 hours away well I am in for big fun...

Thanks,
Mack 4033
I5 2600K O.C to 5.0 Gzh | Maximus IV Extreme B3 | 8GB P. Storm 2133 | EVGA GTX-580's in SLI |Crucial M4 256GB | Corsair AX 1200 | Corsair 800D | WC Swiftech Custom System Freezone E | Win7 Pro x64 * 3rd GTX 580 on the way*

Mack_4033
Level 7
Is this event going to place????

Thanks,
Mack 4033
I5 2600K O.C to 5.0 Gzh | Maximus IV Extreme B3 | 8GB P. Storm 2133 | EVGA GTX-580's in SLI |Crucial M4 256GB | Corsair AX 1200 | Corsair 800D | WC Swiftech Custom System Freezone E | Win7 Pro x64 * 3rd GTX 580 on the way*

Mack_4033
Level 7
Is this event still going to take place on 1. 27. 12

Thanks,
Mack 4033