cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios Update 1305 - Error Code 32 with Rampage IV Extreme

ChristschnN
Level 7
Hi there,

I've had my system running fine for 2 weeks (Stock settings no overclock) and after the Bios Update from 1202 to 1305 I get the error code 32.
I had updated the Bios successfull to 1305 and I restart my PC and the System boot up to windows 7 (64bit). But after 30 sec, I got a blue screen and the System rebooted. Now the Mainboard doesn’t boot anymore and runs into the Error Code 32.

1st off all I reset the Bios/CMOS and the battery = doesn't help

2nd I take the second bios (1101) = the Mainboard boot, but if I want to start windows 7 the System freeze in the windows bootsequenc. After some try's the System boots to windows 7 (but with only 3 Cores and def Settings and only one time). But now the System freezes every time I try to boot my Windows. If I switch the bios to v1305, the Mainboard run into Error-code 32.

System:
i7-3820
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
32GB G.skill 1600Mhz
2x GTX280
OCZ Vertex2 120GB
1000W Powersupply

Do yu guys have *any* idea how to fix it, or is the CPU damaged?

Best regards

Chris
7 REPLIES 7

Eustia
Level 7
Are you using RAID or AHCI for you OCZ Vertex. Have you seen the blue screen erro code?

HiVizMan
Level 40
The Error code 32 in the BLUE screen normally means driver fail.

Or are you talking about the two LED post error code?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I talk about the two LED on the mainboard (diagnostic LED's).

At the moment, if i start my Computer, the Mainboard LED - Error Code is 32 (CPU - post memory initialisation). I use the Bios v1305. When i use v1202, i get the same Error Code 32.

But if i switch the bios v1101, the Mainboard LED shows "AE".
But after the bios routine, the windows boots ~5 sec and it freeze at bootsequence. The same at Windows safe mode!

I use AHCI for my vertex2 (Asmedia Controller)

Thanks for your help!

Best regards

Chris

You can try switch your SSD to non-Asmedia controller port (SATA 6GB 1,2 port) well, I mean to achieve better performence...

I have no idea with the motherboard error code, lets see anyone can help

HiVizMan
Level 40
I would reseat your CPU if it was me. That and boot into OS using one stick or ram.

You basically want to clear out the stored ram training data that is being accessed each time the CPU tries to initialise.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
I would reseat your CPU if it was me. That and boot into OS using one stick or ram.

You basically want to clear out the stored ram training data that is being accessed each time the CPU tries to initialise.

Would this also work with my situation with 0d Post? It posted 0d with me BIOS Flash to 1305 with i7-3820 CPU but for me it would asked me to put the ASUS support CD and on the bottom of the message it said I'd need to flash bios using USB flash drive... I'm guessing through RoG Connect? And everytime I try to press the Del on my keyboard it's frozen and I try to switch BIOS using the button below to force switch bios and it wouldn't work. I even turned off my mobo and the light doesn't change to the secondary BIOS...

I'm guessing my mobo is frozen? so should I use the LN2 method?
ASUS Entheustic <3r MOBO RIG: First RIG first custom built myself...
Antec Darkfleet-80 (Antec said it's a new Full Tower ATX.. and also said copied from other ATX..) / Rampage 4 Extreme / Intel i7-3820 (hope to upgrade to i7-3960X but cannot afford on budget atm...) / EVGA 560 Ti OC 256-bit 1GB 4-way SLI Kingston XMP 8 GB 2400 mhz DDR3 / Cool Masters 1000w PSU / Phantek European design Heatsink for LGA 2011 /ASUS Blu-ray Drive / Seagate SSHD 500GB Momentus XT Win 7 64-bit Ultimate / AutoCad2000

HiVizMan
Level 40
You should try all those things my friend. 🙂

At the moment you have nothing to loose.