cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus LIVE Updater = WORTHLESS!!!

RoGRapier
Level 7
Hello everyone, to begin this thread, I'm not flaming, just speaking the truth.
I recently got a new SSD for my G74SX. I reinstalled windows to it and afterwards noticed large problems in speed and gaming (How well the computer runs my games.) So, to fix the problem, i downloaded MSI Afterburner and ThrottleStop. Throttle stop fixed the slowness and MSI Afterburner brought something to my attention. MY GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER WAS VERSION 263.12!!! The newest version for my graphics card is 296.16! I see no reason for the program to over look sooo many newer versions of this driver. Therefore, the Asus LIVE Updater = WORTHLESS!!!
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
The updater is adequate to ensure compatible drivers are installed but I wouldn't rely on it to provide you with the latest and greatest. Even the ASUS website doesn't provide the latest because it will always be at least a step behind OEM drivers (since ASUS would have to do its own testing before republishing them). Often there are multiple generations newer and especially on older products that may not receive as much testing for new releases.

The moral of the story is if you want the latest drivers then you really have to check the OEM website.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…