cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

m4a89gtd pro/usb3 bios flash problem with 1801rom file

Retired
Not applicable
:mad:any one else have this issue ?
non compatible rom file for this bios update????
M4A89GTD-PRO-ASUS-1801.ROM is flah im trying to update from1606 to 1801
8 REPLIES 8

xeromist
Are you using the Windows flash utility? I found that the last update I tried to do I needed to let the updater update itself first. If you allow it to check for updates on the internet after that it should find all of the most up-to-date ones that are compatible.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

jchambers2586
Level 8
Have u tried to set the bios to defaults. This board is very picky about bios updating. U need to set the bios to defaults before flashing. I owned this board for a year before selling it and moving to AM3+.

chrsplmr
Level 18
I have ripped out some hair with some M4A series boards... then I updated one to a M5A Series AM3+.... WOW Awesome board.:)
Best of Luck Lemon123 and Welcome New ROG Forum Member

You joined in January and this is your first post? What took us
so long? Sorry..

Welcome JChambers2585 Newer ROG Forum Member....

Glad to be here JJ sent me over here. Thought I could be of some help While i am here . while I do not work for ASUS I know alot about AMD. I have been using AMD CPU's since the 486 days which was 15 years ago. I started out when I was 16 years old and have been at it since and no real reason to let up now. But occasionally I get stumped on the new stuff like Digital VRM settings and what each setting does. Which I am like lost in that DEPT. If you need any help with something please ask And I will try my best to answer it for you .

Glad to be Here. And thanks for the welcome.

John Chambers

chrsplmr
Level 18
Fantastic....you said all we needed to know when you said JJ sent you..quite a reference.
This member team grows stronger everyday....no wonder the other board makers..
(are there any left)....scratch and claw for no.2.....
This keeps No.1 out of reach for them...and always will.
Good to know you, John Chambers.

Praz
Level 13
I always flash that board using EZ Flash2 with the ROM file on a FAT formatted 2GB USB stick.

xeromist
Just be aware of the dates on these threads guys. This user hasn't even logged in since January. I think if he hasn't flashed his BIOS by now he probably isn't still trying.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

chrsplmr
Level 18
Hahahahahhaa....Thanks X...this gets me every once in a while...It musta worked, he didnt come back..ahhahahaha