cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IV Extreme-Z Error 34

boyka
Level 9
Today I was tidying up the cables from the computer, then when I gave him power, he went to the OS,
because I heard the sound of windows starting in the columns, but gave me no signal on monitor.
I tried connecting another cable (Hdmi) but remained in the same.

I try resetting the cmos a few times and now he does not post, after doing the first beep it shows
the debug led code 62, then switches to A2, and finally, sometimes he stays in the code 34, other in AE.
He also shows me the red light in boot device led, I made sure that all cables are properly.
I removed the graphics card and put it back again, I tried to start the computer with only one
memory module, but no luck.

I read somewhere if turned off the rog button could solve the problem, but don´t work for me!
(I have the computer will have five months, he never gave me problems, and always
showed me the debug LED AA)

This is my rig:
Maximus IV Extreme Z
Intel I7 2600k
G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB DD3 1600Mhz CL6
Asus GeForceGTX 580
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SataIII
WD Caviar Green 500GB 32MB 7200rpm (X2)
Corsair H100
Corsair HX850W
PLEXTOR PX-L890SA
LG-Flatron w2252v
82 REPLIES 82

boyka
Level 9
Update:
I removed the battery from the board, waited about 30 minutes, turned on the computer, and still the same.
I also turned off the switch LN2 and nothing , turned off and on the PCI-E lane switch and no luck.
And I also followed these steps mentioned by Raja, but... nothing!
1) Remove power from the board
2) Remove the CPU
3) Clear CMOS
4) Replace and mount CPU cooler.
5) Place a single memory module in the slot furthest from the CPU.
6) Power up the board and see if it will POST.

I have connected the 24pin power cable, CPU 8 pin power cable, and 2 PCI-E 8pin power for nVidia GTX580
I am still getting error 34 on the display of the motherboard, still shows me the red light
in boot device LED, and I have no signal on the monitor (tried on two monitors with HDMI and DVI)
I do not have access to the bios, I do not know what else to do, the board is dead?
Should I send it to RMA? If anyone knows of any solution please help me!:(

I disconnected all my drives and disks and left only the SSD and now the computer goes into SO,
and getting the code AA on the display of the motherboard, but still do not have signal on the
monitor and also can not access bios.
I've tried another graphics card (ATI Radeon 4870) and another DVI cable and also connected it to
another slot on the motherboard, each time entering the SO but could not get signal on the monitor.
What could this be?

Edit:
Nobody can help me?

After tidying your cables and that,have you accidently shut the PCIE slots off,on the board next to the "Reset Switch" there are 4 small dip switches,that physicaly turn power off to the 4 PCIE slots,have a look at that.
ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z
AMD FX 8350 (1252)
INTEL CORE I7 2600K (3134A867)
ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME-Z (0002)

OCZ VERTEX 3 120 SSD
GIGABYTE 890FXA UD7 REV 2.1 (F3)
GIGABYTE 890FXA UD7 REV 2.0 (F3)
VARIOUS AMD CPU's
8 GIG G-SKILL SNIPER LOW VOLTAGE 1600
4 GIG G-SKILL RIPJAWS X 2133 C9
8 GIG CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1600 C8 (HYNIX)
CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 800D
CORSAIR HX1000W PSU
2X RADEON HD6970'S XFIRE
4X SAMSUNG F3 1T HDD's 2X RAID 0
CUSTOM WATERCOOLING

moorhen2 wrote:
After tidying your cables and that,have you accidently shut the PCIE slots off,on the board next to the "Reset Switch" there are 4 small dip switches,that physicaly turn power off to the 4 PCIE slots,have a look at that.

Thanks for the help, but I had already checked the PCI-E lane switch
(as i mentioned in previous post) and I have all (4) on!
Any other suggestions?

I have same problem as you and am eagerly awaiting some response. I have not had a signal to pcie#1 slot for days now. If

I put my gfx cards in slot 4 I get the signal back. I'm on bios 0902 I think. Have tried all the way up to 3203. still no go.

To date I've spent more time with this problem than time spent using the computer's purpose.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello sorry for missing this thread I have no idea how that happened. 🙂

Could you please check each and every connector from your PSU my gut feeling is that when you were doing cable management you might have cause a pin to lift out of the connector seating. The result is your system not having a correct voltage or something like that causing the hassles you are having. It is very easy for a pin to shift in the plastic connectors.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Hello sorry for missing this thread I have no idea how that happened. 🙂

Could you please check each and every connector from your PSU my gut feeling is that when you were doing cable management you might have cause a pin to lift out of the connector seating. The result is your system not having a correct voltage or something like that causing the hassles you are having. It is very easy for a pin to shift in the plastic connectors.

Hi, thanks for trying to help HiVizMan, but I've discovered what my problem was, and was not the board or the psu.
Is the graphics card, it was detected by the board but not transmitted signal to the monitor, now I had to send the GPU to RMA.
I also tried my new GPU on another computer to make sure that she was spoiled, and the pc did not post so definitely my problem was GTX580.

I tried my old GPU (ATI 4870) in my new rig and continued to get the code 34 because I connected with DVI to HDMI adapter, but when I connected the DVI cable directly in the 4870 the computer started normally and code 34 disappeared.
Now I just do not understand why in the old configuration I had the same GPU 4870 the same monitor and was working properly with this adapter, so why does not work now?

HiVizMan
Level 40
I would suggest that it is to do with the way that the new platforms manage the PCIe lanes. All is now on the CPU as you know. And with each new CPU that is produced the tolerances and additional things that are added are just levels of complexity that can potentially bring greater benifit to the user but also more things to go wrong.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I have another doubt, my memories do not appear on the compatibility list of my M4EZ.
I'm using 8GB of memory (2 Kits 4GB 2GBx2) my main question is, my memories may cause some
Instability in my system?
I also researched on the site of my memories and my board also does not appear listed!

PS: I do not know much about speed settings and voltages in the bios for the memories,
there is some recommended setting In the bios I can change to take advantage of my system?
Official website of my memories: http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=352