cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uninstalled a bunch of bloatware now my sound randomly switches from mute to umute .

theelephant
Level 7
Basically the sound switches between mute and unmute over and over constantly. I am not sure what it is i might have uninstalled that would affect the audio and cause it to do this. I followed a somewhat guide when uninstaling everything making sure not to uninstall anything that was necessary. I did download everything that was put in there by Asus. I am thinking possibly the control deck being uninstalled might cause this but i am not sure.

Also i do not know where to go to download the Asus software that i uninstalled.

Anyone of any ideas of what might be causing this and does anyone know where to find the Asus software that already comes preinstalled on their laptops?
4 REPLIES 4

speed
Level 12
Try un-installing your sound drivers, then re-install them.

Being ingnorant and ingnored one post at a time.

HiVizMan
Level 40
What you could do is restore your system to a previous state, such as before you installed all that rubbish? Might be a easy fix for you.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
What you could do is restore your system to a previous state, such as before you installed all that rubbish? Might be a easy fix for you.

HiVizMan, would that work for my bank account

HiVizMan
Level 40
I tried to suggest that to my Bank Manger too and sadly instead of a the reboot I got give the boot.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.