cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did you buy Intel CPU Insurance

Claviger
Level 9
Well? Did you?

I just did and have now OCd the piss outa my i7 3820 😛 Blow her up, git a new one free lol ty intel.
13 REPLIES 13

Eustia
Level 7
I heard that, but how can I buy it? any Link?

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
http://click.intel.com/tuningplan/

Thank you so much! Just got one!

I'm not sure about this insurance stuff. I reckon if you're pouring volts through under LN2 and something goes wrong you may fry the cpu.
If you're not doing this then I reckon the cpu will just degrade or throttle down and you're left with a "working" CPU that doesn't get replaced.
There are some pretty weasel words in the small print too....I'm not even sure you're covered if the voltage you put through the CPU is outside of VID. If you're Intel of course this is a very good idea:rolleyes:

I bought the plan thanks for posting this. One thing that helped me decide was after I read this question from the faq page LOL.

Q3) Does this mean that Intel is supporting or encouraging overclocking?
A3) No. While we will, under the Plan, replace an eligible processor that fails while running outside of Intel’s specifications, we will not provide any assistance with configuration, data recovery, failure of associated parts, or any other activities or issues associated with the processor or system resulting from overclocking or otherwise running outside of Intel’s published specifications.

Just a little reinsurance IMO. For 35 bucks I fell a little better pushing my 1k$ CPU higher for 24/7 usage.
-Desktop-
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero / AMD 5800x / 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RBG (CMT32GX4M4C3600C18) @ 3800 /2x Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 (Raid 0)/ 1x Samsung 860 Evo SSD / Corsair AX1200 PSU / ASUS Strix Helios Case / Corsair HydroX Custom Loop D5, CX7, XG7 420+280 Rad/ Asus Strix 3090 / Asus PG35VQ Ultrawide Monitor / Corsair Commander PRO 3x ql120, 4x ql140 fans / Edifier 1850DB Speakers + T5 Sub /
Asus Theta 7.1 Headset

Necrosan
Level 12
Thanks for posting this!
Didn't even know this existed, will be buying!
MB: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 (Cooled by Corsair H100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 fans)
RAM: 64GB G.SKILL RipjawsZ 1600 (10-10-10-30)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X Hybrid
TV Tuners: 2 * Hauppauge HVR-1800
Case: CoolerMaster Cosmos 2

Think I will be taking this out for my 3930k as well, regardless of whether the 3 year warranty should cover it.
Crosshair VI Hero || 1700 ~4Ghz || Gigabyte GTX 980ti || Superflower 1200W || 64Gb HyperX Preadator 3Ghz || Water cooled || SSD + HDD

8_Pack
Level 12

8 pack, are you on OcUK?
Crosshair VI Hero || 1700 ~4Ghz || Gigabyte GTX 980ti || Superflower 1200W || 64Gb HyperX Preadator 3Ghz || Water cooled || SSD + HDD