cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V and Corsair Dominator GT

mjohnson24
Level 9
I just watched a video with JJ showing how to overclock a crosshair v MB with an asus 560 VGA and 8gb of Corsair Dominator GT ram. Im looking at getting the same board and have the same card almost but mines a 570 (3 slot) VGA card but wanting to get 16gb total ram ( maybe 32gb if price is right) for everything i do on it but was wanting if it would still work. I dont see this on the QVL list of RAM for this Mobo so i need some insight on this at all possible. The pros and cons and anything else.
5 REPLIES 5

n0tiert
Level 9
Hi m8,

They should run fine on 16GB only make shure you set the SPD Params manually
since the detection sets different params than specs are....
also make shure you get the 1.5Volt Sticks !!

i use them:

Ok cool. Im not very familiar with SPD and setting them manually. It looked like Jj in the video set most everything in that little application on the desktop without restarting. He only set one thing in the bios and thats setting it to 1866 is all. Is that what you mean? I just wanna make sure im gonna be happy with them if i get them is all. Dont wanna buy them if they wont work properly or very well. Is there any other ram that might be better to use like vengeance or something else? Or maybe get two 8gb sticks for right now instead or what?

mjohnson24 wrote:
Ok cool. Im not very familiar with SPD and setting them manually. It looked like Jj in the video set most everything in that little application on the desktop without restarting. He only set one thing in the bios and thats setting it to 1866 is all. Is that what you mean? I just wanna make sure im gonna be happy with them if i get them is all. Dont wanna buy them if they wont work properly or very well. Is there any other ram that might be better to use like vengeance or something else? Or maybe get two 8gb sticks for right now instead or what?

not really m8,

i´m talking about CL, RCD, RP .......
Stick Specs:

Timings 9-10-9-27 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)

Oh ok. I guess when i get it all ill just have to repost on here to find out what all settings i need to set everything to.

mjohnson24 wrote:
Oh ok. I guess when i get it all ill just have to repost on here to find out what all settings i need to set everything to.

Dominator GT is great memory. I have two 8GB sets (16GB total) in my CHV, no problems.Runs very cool with the two fans.

Although it is rated at 1.5 volts it is tested by Corsair to 1.65 volts & that is what I run them at... all day long. I have mine overclocked to 2,000 and that is VERY stable.

SEE: the attached8343 JPEG of my settings which may be of some little help when you install the new RAM.

Cheers;
Doc
Retired... and Loving it :cool: