cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sabertooth with 3570k problem

Narth
Level 7
Good day!

I went for a RMA V gene to a z77 sabertooth. I am still working into making the system stable. I wanted to use the IGPU to run a second monitor but its not even appearing into my BIOS. Under the tab it should be. Here is a pic of what I get.

I tryed to remove my 7970 from in there and restart the computer, clearing cmos and I still get black screen from my display. Any idea??

Mat
31 REPLIES 31

HiVizMan
Level 40
Go into BIOS and F5 to defaults settings - Enter
F10 and enter to save and reboot.

Remove your discrete gpu and power on. Should come up just fine.

If not clear CMOS with your graphic card out of the system.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Tryed all you mentionned. Afted clearing Cmos and restating the display is still not getting any signal and I have the VGA led and boot device led turn on on the board. THat is with the HDMI connected to the board and without the 7970 in there. Could be be a defect CPU?

regards

HiVizMan
Level 40
And what are you connecting the HDMI too? If a TV set you will have problems if the native res is not supported.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Nha its my reg monitor Flatron W2353V. The VGA led and boot system led stays open witch I found really weird. I am typing from my other computer and I haven't touch anything else yet.

Found this thread on intel boards.

http://communities.intel.com/thread/28970?tstart=0

I am getting mostly the exact same symptoms.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Did you download the tool that they speak off and if so what was the out come?

thanks for the reply.

Yeah I did and everything seems fine from what I am getting into this. It identify my processor and all the clocking are fine. It says notting about igpu. I am just back from a local store where they tryed severale processor on my board and they tryed my processor on a asus v gene to and notting, can't get any IGPU to work. Been there for 2 hours. So I am guessing its notting about the hardware (on motherboard side) has the hardware is working perfectly. Will keep investigating.

Mat

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers Mat - so it is the CPU not the motherboard.

Not sure to be happy or sad for you.

hey 🙂

Actually we don't know as we tryed 3 different 3570k on both board and none of them would display the IGPU. One of my friend is providing screen shot with a tech from Asus atm. I am waiting on news. Will let you know what comes out of it. I know these are all pretty new hardware and there is much to be done 🙂

Mat