cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Bios

dnoam
Level 9
Hi. i would like to update my Rmapage Extreme 4 threw the Asus suit but cannot get connected to one of the servers.Is this service still acdtive?
i am running the 1005 version and i would like to upgrade to the 1305 version.
Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello

I strongly suggest that you use a FAT32 formatted USB stick and download the BIOS from the support page so as to flash your BIOS via the EZflash2 tool.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thanks for the reply, i was afraid that was going to be the answer, looked too easy........
:cool:

dnoam
Level 9
One more thing , as it is my first firmwire update of my first built... will i have to reinstall windows and all the programs i have installed on the machine?

HiVizMan
Level 40
No nothing like that.

It is really easy you will be surprised how painless it is

Sequence of events

Download BIOS you want to use
Extract and paste the rom file to your USB stick
Reset system
Del to enter BIOS
F5 to restore BIOS to defaults
Navigate to tools
Select EZflash
Select the bios file
press enter
leave it to do its stuff
when done you will be prompted to press enter again
System will now reboot
Leave it alone
Most likely will update the irog firmware let it do so
Finished
Will not boot into BIOS

All done
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

dnoam
Level 9
Ok ,, got some courage now . as i am not playing with the motherboard like you guys how can i keep my setup as all is working now . i really cannot distinguish between the default status of the board or if i changes somthing few months ago, all i know that now is ok.

kkn
Level 14
its only the bios that can be changed ( the setup's you have done in it )
when i update, i download the bios from the asus page and un zip it and update it whit the Asus suit ( i dont download it tru the program )
but i think viz's direction is safer just in case some thing happends in win ( a crash or something when flashing )

dnoam
Level 9
thanks guys, i will try and see if i will survive that, i guess if you will not hear from me it mean that all is ok.

thank guys again it was really very easy and went very smooth.

HiVizMan
Level 40
I told you so. 😛

You enjoy your system my friend and stop by and say hi when you are in the area.