cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G75, installing an SSD

NInami
Level 7
Hey i've tried to install an SSD in my new G75 laptop. I replaced the already placed harddrive with my new SSD. Everything went fine but it doesn't show when I start up my computer.

I'm pretty new to this stuff so some help would be awesome!

I don't have Windows on it, I only want to install new games on the SSD.

Thanks!
19 REPLIES 19

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi

Perhaps this thread: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?13700-HELP-How-to-Migrate-from-old-SSD-to-new-SSD&country=&... can give you the answers you seek.

Is the SSD the primary disk or the second ?
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

fuzon1337 wrote:
Hi

Perhaps this thread: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?13700-HELP-How-to-Migrate-from-old-SSD-to-new-SSD&country=&... can give you the answers you seek.

Is the SSD the primary disk or the second ?

Hey, well I put the SSD disk in the primary slot. It doesnt have windows.

I dont think that thread is what I'm looking for. My problem is: I can't seem to find the SSD disk. Or rather, my computer doesnt find it. I can locate it in BIOS but when I start the computer it doesnt show as a harddrive.

NInami wrote:
I dont think that thread is what I'm looking for. My problem is: I can't seem to find the SSD disk. Or rather, my computer doesnt find it. I can locate it in BIOS but when I start the computer it doesnt show as a harddrive.

You did not have too remove your other hdd, I put my Samsung 830 , 128GB ssd the the free bay and booted the computer with the factory drive then partioned and formatted the ssd the rebooted and changed the order in the bios then put a windows 7 dvd in and tried to install , I formatted the factory hdd drive , and it kept giving a error when trying to install win 7 to the ssd but after I rebotted the Asus G75 it installed fine, and works great.

NInami wrote:
Hey, well I put the SSD disk in the primary slot. It doesnt have windows.

lol and there is your problem, with a blank drive in the primary spot Windows cannot boot. Your best bet is to switch the original back into it's place and the put the SSD into the Secondary...or install a fresh copy of Windows onto your new SSD 🙂

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Have you swapped the Boot order in BIOS to point to the 1st drive you swapped out?

I have not swapped in BIOS, but the computer boots. I mean I'm typing from my new computer right now but it wont find my SSD. Windows works fine.

NInami wrote:
I have not swapped in BIOS, but the computer boots. I mean I'm typing from my new computer right now but it wont find my SSD. Windows works fine.

Well that is very strange to say the least. Have you tried putting the original drive back in the primary and the new SSD as the Secondary? if not, try that and see *if* it changes anything

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
Well that is very strange to say the least. Have you tried putting the original drive back in the primary and the new SSD as the Secondary? if not, try that and see *if* it changes anything

Yeah alright I'll try that! Thanks 🙂