cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G50VT-x1 Only sees 1 HD at a time

Retired
Not applicable
I recently bought an 80GB Intel SSD to run games/OS from with the original HD as storage for other stuff. The only problem is it will only recognize 1 drive at a time(in the BIOS). Some times it will see it (cold boot) the computer reboots real fast at the splash screen and then if you enter the bios only the 1st bay drive is recognized. Doesn't matter which drive is in which bay only bay 1 is seen. is there a fix for this?
5 REPLIES 5

Retired
Not applicable
More info. When I change the IDE Config in the bios from "Enhanced" to "Compatable" it recognizes both hard drives, one as 1st IDE master and the other as 3rd IDE master. Only problem is vista throws up a BSOD with STOP 0x7b. I tried the Microsoft "fit it tool" and registry edit but it was already like it says...

Retired
Not applicable
is this with a clean install?

Retired
Not applicable
There is no install. Just adding a SATA Hard Drive in the secondary bay.

Computer boots shows POST with 2 Drives then Boots again and shows POST only 1 drive this time... same problem described by another at the VIP ASUS Forum.. here
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20090117002709393&board_id=3&model=G50Vt&page=1&SLanguage=en-...

They say set user default... will check and see ... doubt full. also will download ALL BIOS version and try them will post results

Retired
Not applicable
Huh. Loaded User Defaults Per the above thread... Works... at least this first boot has so far. If I find any problems I will update the forums.

Retired
Not applicable
just be sure to create a partition for the secondary drive.