Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

i hope so too, since sound mostly coming from the left is annoying after awhile.
    by the way did you send an email to asus to get a download code for ghost recon when its released? i didnt get any reply so far from them.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

No, I wasn't aware of that promotion. Where did you find out about it?

ROG Member Array

http://rog.asus.com/de/notebook/17-inch/g75vw/
    its in german though, hope you can translate it.
    sorry i just read this offer is only for germany and austria.
    Last edited by calisto321; 05-06-2012 at 09:49 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Interesting. I'll give it a shot and let you know if I get a reply. Odd that it's only on the German product page and not on the English one...

Edit: Bottom of the promotion says: "Die Aktion gilt ausschließlich für Deutschland und Österreich. " Translation: "The promotion is valid only for Germany and Austria."

Not sure where you're located calisto321 but if you're outside Germany or Austria, looks like you won't be getting that download code
    Last edited by Cecil_2099; 05-06-2012 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Translated the page and found out why folks outside Germany aren't getting it...

ROG Member Array

but i live in germany and still not getting a reply. this is weird. by the way where should we check for driver updates for our subwoofer problem?

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array fuzon1337's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by calisto321 View Post
    but i live in germany and still not getting a reply. this is weird. by the way where should we check for driver updates for our subwoofer problem?
    PM MarshallR@asus or Mason@asus and ask them. They will have the answer for you about the subwoofer problem I think
    Last edited by fuzon1337; 05-06-2012 at 10:40 AM.
    Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
    - Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
    - BIOS 205

New ROGer Array

G74VW Shutting Down During Gameplay

Had this for about three days and it's shutting down during gameplay. I'm guessing overheating, but not sure. Anyone else having this issue?

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array fuzon1337's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeeHam View Post
    Had this for about three days and it's shutting down during gameplay. I'm guessing overheating, but not sure. Anyone else having this issue?
    Hi and Welcome to the ROG community

Since you're guessing overheating, go to this thread http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status= and look for HWinfo64 and install it. Then you should be able to read the GPU and CPU temps on your notebook.

Which driver do you have installed on the nVidia card?
    Have you uninstalled all bloatware on your notebook?
    And if you have the Atheros Wifi Card, be sure to update that as well, you can find driver for that in the thread I linked to

And also since your notebook is only three days old I would go back to the store and exchange it with a new unit since you shouldn't have issues right out of box. If you choose this option, don't let the reseller talk you into an RMA, let the store have the issue, otherwise it will be your issue and perhaps not get it fixed (in worst cases)...
    We don't need to hear about a new horror story from the RMA experience about Asus support or the repair center that would fix your notebook :P
    Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
    - Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
    - BIOS 205

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

I agree with @fuzon - exchange it. A new laptop shouldn't overheat on you just playing a game unless you overclocked it and forgot to mention that in your post. It could be indicative of a bad thermal paste job.

Report back with CPU and GPU temps at idle (no other apps running) and the maximum temps in centigrade when shutdown occurs. I recommend configuring HWINFO64 to LOG temperatures.

Bad or insufficient power supply could also result in an unexpected shutdown. Confirm sufficient clean power is being supplied from the outlet being used and that it is properly grounded.

Bad memory could also result in a shutdown. But that or a bad power brick would be a reason to exchange the laptop.
    Last edited by dstrakele; 05-08-2012 at 11:54 PM.
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

New ROGer Array

Checked the temp

Quote Originally Posted by dstrakele View Post
    I agree with @fuzon - exchange it. A new laptop shouldn't overheat on you just playing a game unless you overclocked it and forgot to mention that in your post. It could be indicative of a bad thermal paste job.

Report back with CPU and GPU temps at idle (no other apps running) and the maximum temps in centigrade when shutdown occurs. I recommend configuring HWINFO64 to LOG temperatures.

Bad or insufficient power supply could also result in an unexpected shutdown. Confirm sufficient clean power is being supplied from the outlet being used and that it is properly grounded.

Bad memory could also result in a shutdown. But that or a bad power brick would be a reason to exchange the laptop.
    Before shut down the GPU was running at about 80 and the CPU was at 53 at idle its around 49 for both GPU and CP.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast