cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Drivers

Physalist
Level 7
I here a lot around here that the Asus drivers are ****. So I'm just wondering if I should install the new Asus ones or the Nvidia ones. Also, what stuff from Asus should I uninstall?
3 REPLIES 3

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi

Which notebook do you have ?

About the graphics drivers for nVidia, that is up to you if you want to use a optimized driver for your notebook from Asus support or download the drivers from www.nvidia.com

If you are reffering to the preinstalled bloatware, take a look at this site: http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus/380681-asus-utility-bloatware-guide.html (a guide about the bloatware, and there you can see if you want any of the preinstalled stuff or not)
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

I have the gs74sx. Whats the difference between the two drivers.

fuzon1337
Level 10
I'm not quite sure about the difference but all I know is that the drivers from Asus support is rarely updated but they are optimized to work better on the notebook.

If you download the drivers from nVidia then you can get the latest drivers they have released, try new beta drivers, and get back to old drivers if they worked better.

You can stumble on issues on the way when you are updating your GPU drivers, so the best way when you install new drivers then choose custom install, and check for "clean install", then install.
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205