cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74s green screen and artifacts

Wargy
Level 7
Hey everyone,
I bought a G74s laptop from newegg back in October. Recently I have been getting random green artifacts that were fixed upon reboot. Now, these artifacts do not go away and are appearing prior to the OS loading.

All four corners of the screen are bright green, the middle of the screen still shows regular colors but with circular streaks of green. The laptop has (honestly) never been dropped, opened, or abused.

I have tried reverting drivers to previous versions, cleaning them with Driver Cleaner, System Restore, all to no avail.

Currently, the ASUS servers are responding as "Busy" so I cannot continue my conversation with tech support, so here I am!

"Eric", from tech support has advised me to attempt an OS reinstall by pressing F9 before the ASUS boot screen. No recovery application starts when I press F9. I checked to make sure that my recovery partition (R:) is still intact, and it is.

Where do I go from here?

Thanks for your help
3 REPLIES 3

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi

It sounds like a screen issue, so just to confirm if it is the screen, could you connect a external screen to see if the issue appears on that too ?

Also, instead of restore your notebook to factory setting, try to use Windows Restore Point, and restore your notebook back in the time when the issue didn't ocurred.
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

Yep, should have checked. Screen is flawless on my Samsung Syncmaster through HDMI.
I am unfamiliar with the warranty, is this in the warranty timeframe for an RMA for a laptop that was purchased 10/17/2011? (It better be)
I'd ask customer support but all they have to say to me at the moment is:
Dear ASUS User
Due to the Server is now busy, we apologize the webpage(s) cannot be opened on your request. Please try this site later. Thank you.

Thanks

At minimum you have a 1 year warranty and therefore are still in that time frame.

Sorry to hear about the issue and I hope it gets resolved quickly for you!

I first thought it could be a graphics card issue because i had a similar instance with my gtx 460 in my desktop and had to replace it, which fixed the problem.
Asus G75VW-NS72
Intel Core i7-3720QM 2.6GHz
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
750GB 7200RPM + 256G SSD
Nividia Geforce GTX 670M 3G GDDR5
Blu-ray Burner

"Right...very creepy. Forget I asked."
-Alistar DAO