Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G73JW problems

Overclocker
Level 7
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, so please be nice 😉
I bought my G73JW in Christmas 2010.
Its the greatest laptop I have owned and I love it a lot. However, recently, some problems are appearing.

1. For some reason, after turning on my laptop for some time, the 3 USB 2.0 ports don't work anymore. (The USB 3.0 port works fine!!) Here is the weird thing, all the USB ports work when I turn my computer on (~1st hour). Its just that they will suddenly stop working for no reason. Only rebooting will allow them to work again. Is there a way to reinstall the USB 2.0 drivers? I am only able to find drivers for USB 3.0. (UPDATE: I found out that the USB ports are actually functional, as they can charge my USB speakers. I think it is just windows not recognizing when a device is plugged in.)

2. I think this question has been asked several times, and I have read a few posts already. But just to clarify, is it correct that when the GPU and CPU is throttled down on battery mode, there is no way to increase their speed via software? I tried throttlestop, but it didn't make a difference as it seems to be the GPU which is the main impact to the FPS while gaming on battery. Is this due to the power output of the battery?

3. I am considering to reinstall Windows 7. However, I'm not sure where I can find the reinstall cd/thing/whatever its called... (you get my point). What should I do?

3.5. Regarding about the question above, I'm also planing to get an SSD. Which SSD is decent for this laptop?

Thank you for helping!!
1 REPLY 1

Overclocker
Level 7
Any help please?