Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Asus G55VW-S1095V

ok hi guys, i need your advice,.. i live in Malaysia

as now the new asus rog g55 and g75 has already been released. in the usa, the asus g75 is released but no stock. in malaysia, the asus g55 has been released.but i have went to almost all shops and they dont have that laptop as they told me hasnt arrive yet(what the hell)?. so i have found in the internet people selling the asus G55VW-S1095V..do you think i should buy from the internet or just wait for it to arrive at shops? im scared coz this laptop is still new and no proper review about it yet.. the internet guy is meeting me tomorrow..please advice..thank you rog members.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

Why not just wait? Read the reviews as they come out, read the forum posts, and educate yourself about this model laptop. Then you can make an informed purchase decision.
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

One more thing, I'm going to college soon..do you know any g55 owners?

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

Looks like @Zerflex has got one.... http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status=

But you gotta ask yourself "Am I going to college to learn or play games?"

If you're going there to learn, get yourself an Ultrabook laptop for the best combination of power, portability, and battery life - along with a 24-32" monitor or LCD TV for dorm or home.
    Last edited by dstrakele; 05-06-2012 at 07:48 AM.
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Quote Originally Posted by dstrakele View Post
    Looks like @Zerflex has got one.... http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status=

But you gotta ask yourself "Am I going to college to learn or play games?"

If you're going there to learn, get yourself an Ultrabook laptop for the best combination of power, portability, and battery life - along with a 24-32" monitor or LCD TV for dorm or home.
    no..i need a gaming laptop coz i will use the laptop to max..for engineering softwares in college

He is correct, engineering software takes a ton of power. PC-World (back when they were transitioning into Mac-World ) said that college students who were going into engineering or design/architecture should buy gaming laptops, as those programs are as resource-intensive as any games. That being said, high-quality business notebooks (Tecras, Thinkpads, etc) could also work, but they are often more expensive for similar hardware, but usually have better battery life. I own a G53SX and run engineering programs on it, and the GPU makes a huge difference when it comes to CAD. Besides, the lab computers that colleges usually have are pretty pathetic, so a G55 will out-run them easily. For engineering, an ultrabook just woll not cut it. They skimp on the RAM, and even the best processors in the Zenbook 13 is about 1/5-1/4 the power of the G55 at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygomorphic View Post
    He is correct, engineering software takes a ton of power. PC-World (back when they were transitioning into Mac-World ) said that college students who were going into engineering or design/architecture should buy gaming laptops, as those programs are as resource-intensive as any games. That being said, high-quality business notebooks (Tecras, Thinkpads, etc) could also work, but they are often more expensive for similar hardware, but usually have better battery life. I own a G53SX and run engineering programs on it, and the GPU makes a huge difference when it comes to CAD. Besides, the lab computers that colleges usually have are pretty pathetic, so a G55 will out-run them easily. For engineering, an ultrabook just woll not cut it. They skimp on the RAM, and even the best processors in the Zenbook 13 is about 1/5-1/4 the power of the G55 at best.
    so do you think i should get the g55 now? or wait until the reviews are out bro?

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array fuzon1337's Avatar

If it is for engineering purpose then I would advice you to get the G55..... if you're not in a hurry for a new notebook, then I would wait and see what the future reviews of the notebook says.

But why wont you go for the G75? Too big/heavy ?
    Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
    - Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
    - BIOS 205

Quote Originally Posted by fuzon1337 View Post
    If it is for engineering purpose then I would advice you to get the G55..... if you're not in a hurry for a new notebook, then I would wait and see what the future reviews of the notebook says.

But why wont you go for the G75? Too big/heavy ?
    too expensive..im malaysia the g55 is rm 3999..the g75 dont have in malaysia yet and the rrp is rm 5999...it is rm2000 more than the g55..i cant afford it.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array fuzon1337's Avatar

Okey, then I understand
    Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
    - Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
    - BIOS 205

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast