cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73Jh - Graphic driver problems

Gerrig
Level 7
I am using a G73Jh laptop with ATI Mobility Radeon HD5870 graphics and Win 7 64bit (Swedish). When installing the latest drivers, at the moment ver 12.4, I experience graphical issues like when I start up a game like Fallout New Vegas in the form of black screen with bright horisontal lines that comes and goes. I remember this issues from earlier versions aswell, like 11.10 and such. Only when returning to the latest drivers from ASUS, from 2010, do the problems go away.

Anyone recognise the problem and perhaps have a solution?

Also heard of modded drivers however I dont know if they're reliable, where do get them or if they require any special knowledge to use. Anyone know anything?
1 REPLY 1

Natty_Ultra
Level 7
I've gone round and round with attempting to update graphic drivers for my G73jh and so far I've not been successful. I came across this FAQ earlier today, which causes me sorta regret my choice in notebooks.

http://support.asus.com/search/kdetail.aspx?SLanguage=en&no=4a5ae8e2-f82c-944c-c3e2-817a69a68922&t=2

Though, I still hold out hope that someone can give us some answers, so any help would be greatly appreciated.