Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

The G55, unfortunately, will not support dual hard-drives, unlike the G53. That is a major disappointment to me, so I am glad that I got the G53 rather than the G55. Apparently, you can run the mSata SSD as a second hard drive, but I scarcely think that counts. mSata SSD's are expensive and fairly small capacity, as opposed to a standard 2.5" HDD. So, if 2 HDD's are important to you, get the G75.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by chrsplmr View Post
    Do you know that Asus has programs through CampusLife ... wearing Asus gear
    around campus ... well check it out ... there is a ton of benfits ... gear for one.
    http://campuslife.asus.com/index/
    you will have to look around .. i couldnt find the link inside there right off ..
    maybe google for it ... some where you sign up to participate ... for Stuff !!!
    Id wear a beany with a ROG flag on a uniCycle for free stuff .... hahahhahaa ..c.
    I actually wasn't sure what the CampusLife thing was all about, but I think I might check it out now!

Quote Originally Posted by Zygomorphic View Post
    The G55, unfortunately, will not support dual hard-drives, unlike the G53. That is a major disappointment to me, so I am glad that I got the G53 rather than the G55. Apparently, you can run the mSata SSD as a second hard drive, but I scarcely think that counts. mSata SSD's are expensive and fairly small capacity, as opposed to a standard 2.5" HDD. So, if 2 HDD's are important to you, get the G75.
    Not a big problem for me. I can't afford an SSD yet, so I'll probably just buy an mSATA as soon as it comes within my price range.

Definitely check out campus life. Who knows, maybe you could become the campus rep!

I understand what you mean, an SSD is out of my budget as well--at least at the capacities that I want/need. That's why I'm glad I've got the G53, I could put a second 2.5" HDD in it for $100

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3