cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New G75VW owner ... a couple of questions

john_from_ohio
Level 11
First one ... are there any issues with the power connector/pin/brick with the G75 series? Is this just something specific to a different series of machines?

Second one ... is there really a complete driver disk somewhere or do you just have to download them one by one?

I did burn a 3 DVD re-install set ... so will do some checking of what is actually on those. I did use the 3 DVD's as the base for re-installing on my new SSD.

Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3

X-ROG
Level 15
Hi John,

No issue with the power brick!

We use a recovery partition for the drivers. Unfortunately if you're swapping the entire disk you don't have this, so it's downloading them individually from our site sorry.

Peregrine
Level 9
The "issue" with the power pin is a bit overblown. It really isn't that common. Back me up here, Marshall. 😄
Asus Z170X + Asus GeFroce GTX Turbo 1070 +... all kinds of Asus goodies. #Fanboi

Peregrine wrote:
The "issue" with the power pin is a bit overblown. It really isn't that common. Back me up here, Marshall. 😄

I would say that the G53 is the notebook that have that common issue. Haven't heard of any haveing that issue with the G73/G74 notebooks.
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205