cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g73jw-XN1

Retired
Not applicable
What memory is supposed to come in this model the specs I read all over the place say 1333 even the box from ASUS says 1333 but my machine has 1060.. Is this a f*&^ up on asus build..I just got this machine today & to say the least I'm NOT too happy with it, it feels like I'm on a p4 machine sad to say with all the specs and hype of this machine..
Also build date is Nov. 5th 2010.
Help would be great I wiould like to use this thing to its best performance I really like the way it feels and looks..
Thanks..
3 REPLIES 3

Chastity
Level 10
You can doublecheck with your retailer, and use the Asus website as a reference. Maybe they will swap out your RAM.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

irdmoose
Level 10
If it's running that slowly then something's wrong. The only time you should see a significant difference in performance between 1333 and 1066 is if you're doing very specific memory intensive applications (like Adobe CS5). Gaming isn't as memory intensive as people like to think, and neither is Windows.

I would suggest returning it for an exchange if it's having severe performance issues. These laptops are awesome all around machines (I'm even seriously considering taking my XA1 to the next Intel Lanfest in Sacramento rather than my 100 LB gaming desktop).

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply's I have spoken to the retailer and they are sending me a RMA... There not sure if it was a packing thing are what...
As for my use of this computer is for music editing and playing software, so the demand is pretty high for it to work smooth, also one other thing is there any way to get the latency down on this machine