cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with WoW freezing momentarily.

Retired
Not applicable
Hi there,

I recently bought an Asus G73jh. It runs games wonderfully, but I'm having issues with WoW
temporarily freezing for about 2-5 seconds at a time. Mind you, it comes unfrozen afterwords, but it just randomly freezes for short spurts, and I'm very concerned.

I would really appreciate any incite that is available!

Thank you in advance!
19 REPLIES 19

Chastity
Level 10
Play using High Performance, and make sure your HDDs do not power down. You can change all these settings inside Power4Gear Hybrid, or in Windows Power Management
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
I am having the same issue on my G73SW-A1. It happened about 6 times in 3 hours of game play and it lasts about 6 or so seconds. The power adaptor is plugged in, I have the newest Nvidia Drivers, I play in high performance mode and have all of the power options set to never.

Chastity
Level 10
If it has the Momemtus XT drives, you need to update the HDD's firmware to fix this issue.

Download the firmware updater, and run it. Ctrl-C to abort, and at the command prompt run:

FDL487A -m Anak -f ANQSD24.LOD -i ST95005620AS -s -x -b -v -a 20 (for 500GB Momentus XT)

The installer will not recognize the OEM drives, but this command forces the update. Some have had to run it several times to flash properly.

Retired
Not applicable
I'm suffering from the same issues ever since I got my g73jh.

All games that I have installed on one of my drives suffer from some momentary freezing... Even videos from that HD freeze when you resume them after having paused them. Funny thing is that you can hear the HD spin up and down...

Both of HDDs are WDC WD5000BEVT-80A0RT0

any known issues with them?

Retired
Not applicable
g73 user wrote:
Hi there,

I recently bought an Asus G73jh. It runs games wonderfully, but I'm having issues with WoW
temporarily freezing for about 2-5 seconds at a time. Mind you, it comes unfrozen afterwords, but it just randomly freezes for short spurts, and I'm very concerned.

I would really appreciate any incite that is available!

Thank you in advance!

I have the same exact problem in wow. I just bought my G73 from Best Buy a few days ago. I checked all the drivers (all up to date) and I'm running bios ver 211.
I turned on the turbo option in the bios and twin turbo is enabled.

Not sure what is going on. The framerate with ultra settings in wow are fine, but the momentary pauses every few minutes are annoying. Any help would be appreciated.

Retired
Not applicable
Ctrl + C does not give me a command prompt. All i get is a message that says Press C to load your operating system.

I downloaded MomentusXT-ALL-SD24.exe.

Xanderprime wrote:
I have the same exact problem in wow. I just bought my G73 from Best Buy a few days ago. I checked all the drivers (all up to date) and I'm running bios ver 211.
I turned on the turbo option in the bios and twin turbo is enabled.

Not sure what is going on. The framerate with ultra settings in wow are fine, but the momentary pauses every few minutes are annoying. Any help would be appreciated.

The lag is coming from the HDD firmware I believe, so updating the BIOS, and everything else you've done will not help. You need to download the current firmware and force load it for your device. (The program won't automatically do OEM drives, cuz Seagate is being ghey.)

Retired
Not applicable
Chastity wrote:
The lag is coming from the HDD firmware I believe, so updating the BIOS, and everything else you've done will not help. You need to download the current firmware and force load it for your device. (The program won't automatically do OEM drives, cuz Seagate is being ghey.)

My hard drive is a Western Digital WDC WD6400BEVT-80A0RT0. Is there a handy link for this firmware?

Retired
Not applicable
According to that thread you have to use the CD ISO version of the firmware updater to get the CTRL + C break to prompt.

Thanks Chastity. I'll have to wait till Monday to do this because I am out of town. I'll repost then.