cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73JW - Keyboard Backlight not working

vishnusiva004
Level 7
Hey guys . ..

I installed all the drivers and everything . . . Checked out everything . . When I press Fn+F3 or Fn+F4 . . . They keyboard backlight is not working . . . Help me with this . . . Can I manually turn them on from settings or anything of sort . .
19 REPLIES 19

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi

You have installed the ATK package?

Does the KB light flash during bootup ?
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

fuzon1337 wrote:
Hi

You have installed the ATK package?

Does the KB light flash during bootup ?

What is KB light flash during bootup ??

I'm sorry, I'm little amature to this stuff . . Please don't mind

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hehe no problem.

But you have the ATK package installed on your system? If that isn't installed then the FN+ keys wont work (and the keyboard light wont turn on).

KB light = keyboard light.
When you see the asus splash screen when you are booting up your notebook, does the lights in the keyboard flash?

Also you have three buttons on the upper left corner be sure that the button with crossed over lightbulb is on and not off 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205

Thank you . . . Its working. I installed latest ATK package. Yes, KB light were on during boot. I think they are working fine. Thank you man.

fuzon1337
Level 10
No problem, I'm happy that I could help you out and solve your issue 🙂

If you get any other issues then you know where to find us 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205

Laurence
Level 7
vishnusiva004 wrote:
Hey guys . ..

I installed all the drivers and everything . . . Checked out everything . . When I press Fn+F3 or Fn+F4 . . . They keyboard backlight is not working . . . Help me with this . . . Can I manually turn them on from settings or anything of sort . .

WoYou can press FN+A to enable or disable AI Light Sensor.
When the AI Light Sensor is OFF,
You can press FN+F3 ,the KB LED will be dim light until Off ;FN+F4,the KB LED will be ON

If the problem still exit, please reinstall Kb_fiter for a try. You can download it from the support site:
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=KB_filter&hashedid=n%2fard from the horses mouth...

Worked for me after hours of searching internet. QAsus finally answerd my second query.

@ Laurence
Thank you

Hello. First I would like to say that I'm disappointed with all the issues that I had when I received my G73JW about 2 years ago. Missing keystrokes and a very erratic touchpad. I have downloaded all the drivers, updated BIOS, ATK package, KB filter, but the touchpad problem still persisted. I was at my last resort, which was to do what others have done and remove the sticky tape from the bottom of the touchpad. That worked perfectly for fixing the touchpad isssues. Clearly a manufacturing flaw.

When I put my keyboard back in place the keyboard backlight no longer worked. It does not flash during startup, and Fn + F4 shows that the brightness is to the max, but there is actually no keyboard light at all. I have checked the small cable/ribbon to from the keyboard to the motherboard and it appears to be secure. I have reseated it, and still no light. I have tried flipping it over in case I inserted it incorrectly when i put it back in after working on the touchpad, but neither orientation gives me a working backlight. There is nothing visibly wrong with the ribbon/cable, so I'm at a loss right now.

Any assistance would be very appreciated. I've been struggling with this for a long time, and if it isn't very bright in the room I can't see the keys. I am hesitant to have this laptop shipped, as I don't completely trust shippers to be gentle, and it might take a long long time from what I hear. I don't believe it is under warranty anymore. Thanks!

dstrakele
Level 14
It sounds like you need to replace the keyboard backlight cable. As I understand it, that cable is quite fragile.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT