cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo Mode Fail

Retired
Not applicable
Hey guys,

Today i did some benchmarks (3DMark06) with my G51 and was very confused.

I reached 9800 Points with the Extreme Turbo Mode enabled,
9100 with Turbo Mode enabled and 10100 with the Normal mode (http://3dmark.com/3dm06/15346303) ...

I mean, wtf?

Why does the performance fail, if i activate the Turbo Modes? and the 2nd. thing is, that i'm very disappointed reaching only 10k Point with a Notebook, thats advertised with 11k.
8 REPLIES 8

Retired
Not applicable
A little edit.

I think i've got the reason.

The Power4Gear Utility wont apply the changes about the turbo mode.
Every time i restart the previously to extreme turbo mode setted mode is off.

I already updatet my P4G Utility, but there where no change (it wasn't even possible to set the turbo mode, so I downgraded)

Can that problem be fixed?

Retired
Not applicable
hey bender, which g51 do you have? VX or J/JX?

Retired
Not applicable
The G51JX (3D).

You can see the sys specs at the 3dmark06 link.

Retired
Not applicable
can't anyone help me? 😞

grungeboy
Level 7
are you plugged in? i know that one version of P4G i had would set the turbo mode with or without being plugged in. the version i have now does not, only lets me use it while i'm plugged in.

second, i'd recommend trying out SETFSB. excellent program with better overclocking controls than the P4G program.

as far as fixing your program, i'd suggest uninstalling/reinstalling all of the ATK programs along with P4G. that should fix up ANY problem you have with it.

Retired
Not applicable
Hey,

Thanks for your answere.

My G51 is always plugged, the P4G Utility doenst even let me change the settings for battery mode.
I already unist/reinst. the Utility alot, tried other version and so on...

I think i'll use SetFSB. What max settings might i use do you think? (I've got a i7 - 720QM and no overheating probs).

grungeboy
Level 7
sounds like your problem is with the ATK software. uninstall/reinstall that and try it again.

as for setfsb, i have a 2Ghz Core2Duo. i set mine at 500 which results in 2.3Ghz.

Retired
Not applicable
hey bender, the J and JX series has intel's turbo boost technology which is a bit different from traditional cpus like the VX series or below. traditionally on the VX series since it uses a Q series, it would overclock all of the cores. thus you should get a better score. in the J and JX series, the cpu goes from quad core to single core increasing only 1 core's frequency. thus on some multi threaded apps, it will come out with a lower score.