cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Tytan CG8580 Upgraded - Video

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Our ROG Tytan CG8580 just got upgraded with an Intel Core i7-3770K and GeForce GTX 680, among others. Check out our new video and let us know what you think!

(Apologies if i'm not supposed to start this thread, but I had a couple questions I wanted to ask about it...you guys are getting slow at linking in matching discussion threads 😛 oh and there is no RoG Desktop section of the Forums...so I hope it's ok to post this here, if not I do apologise 🙂 )
15 REPLIES 15

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Ok so I had a look at the new version of what you guys have done with this Desktop and I am pretty impressed, but, I do have a couple questions regarding it.

1. It says 4-Display on single GTX 680.....I know Video Cards are getting more and more powerful, but is this even possible?! I figured the most displays a single card could support was 2....wouldn't running 4 displays off one card really tax the 680's resources? and if this is the case then I guess fewer system builders will need more than a single card to run more than 2 monitors...lol there goes multi-card sales 😛

2. Intel? *sighs* ok so maybe some people may be getting sick of me rambling on about this...but why the heck hasn't ASUS/RoG offered an AMD Desktop yet? I know, I know.....AMD's CPU's aren't able to support PCIe 3.0 fully until the SteamRoller chip comes out....but can't they(ASUS/RoG) still at least offer an AMD based Desktop too? I fail to see why all OEM's feel a need to only offer Intel based systems all the time......we are Republic of Gamers...not Alienware....we support both sides of the CPU powered market...not just one when it comes to products that are released 😛 :cool:

X-ROG
Level 15
No this is fine!! Sorry, yes, I am getting a bit slow picking up on other things in the office 😞 I will get on it tomorrow and do the backlog from the last two weeks I was away!

1) Yes you can run 4 displays on a single GTX 680, just like you can run up to 5 on an AMD card since the 5000 series. We are planning to put together a triple monitor setup on this machine tomorrow/Friday and test some games to show it really is possible!

2) No AMD ROG desktops right now sorry. Desktop PM decided the Intel performance and OC is better and we only make one at a time. It will be continually evaluated with each release.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
No this is fine!! Sorry, yes, I am getting a bit slow picking up on other things in the office 😞 I will get on it tomorrow and do the backlog from the last two weeks I was away!

1) Yes you can run 4 displays on a single GTX 680, just like you can run up to 5 on an AMD card since the 5000 series. We are planning to put together a triple monitor setup on this machine tomorrow/Friday and test some games to show it really is possible!

2) No AMD ROG desktops right now sorry. Desktop PM decided the Intel performance and OC is better and we only make one at a time. It will be continually evaluated with each release.

Wow it's strange reading that and yet people still wanna run multi-GPU setups lol, oh well. And oh well, maybe one day they will get their act together and release an AMD Desktop..though personally I prefer to build my own - not to say that the Tytan isn't impressive, because it most definitely is. I do love the case...but, nothing is better than the joy you get when you build a system for yourself...i'm wierd like that lol 😛

I look forward to seeing the Desktop in action with the 3-Monitor setup 🙂

GOR52
Level 10
MarshallR,

Will we be able to buy these separately?

GOR52 wrote:
MarshallR,

Will we be able to buy these separately?

Not that I know of YET, but I hope so! We've been looking into KB/Mouse revisions for a while.

The KB uses Cherry MX Black keys so they can take a hammering. It's more for FPSers and competitive than MMOs say.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Not that I know of YET, but I hope so! We've been looking into KB/Mouse revisions for a while.

The KB uses Cherry MX Black keys so they can take a hammering. It's more for FPSers and competitive than MMOs say.

Make sure there will be a good combination of Red & Black.

GOR52 wrote:
Make sure there will be a good combination of Red & Black.

Agreed!!! the plain grey logo is just not up to RoG standards lol

Dear marshall ,

do you have the full specs for the titan ?

how much would it cost in singapore ?

Best Regards
Sebastian

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
At the moment, they aren't available for sale in the ASUS e-store(i looked a couple hours ago), maybe soon....though personally, i'm not impressed with the look of that keyboard. It doesn't look at all like any kind of gaming keyboard. No programmable macro keys, nothing...only a ROG Logo on the palm rest. The mouse looks a little promising...but it needs lighting, especially the ROG Logo :hint hint ASUS: 😛 :cool: