View Poll Results: Which board is most sought after?

Voters
784. You may not vote on this poll
  • Maximus 4 Gene

286 36.48%
  • Maximus 4 Formula

239 30.48%
  • Crosshair 4 Gene

305 38.90%
  • These are not worth making

12 1.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    nicknike02
    Please..end my agony..will there be a formula..or is it just gene for maximus iv..

I have always been a fan of the GENE motherboard series and look forward to seeing a Maximus IV Gene

humand
    Please make CrossHair GENE. We AMD users do not have any high end mATX option, intel has 2. it is unfair.
    I registered this forum specifically to write this message.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar

I will like to see more AMD boards too, but I guess it will depend on the success of Dozer, developing a board cost something you have to sell it, you can't have the same ration Intel-AMD board , what is the share of AMD 20% or less.

humand
    I hope BD will prove successful. I agree with you that Intel has more market share, however *I think* (correct me if I'm wrong) within AMD there is a higher procentage of high end enthusiast than within Intel. (even though the raw number might favour Intel)

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Rocket_Assist's Avatar

I wouldn't expect a formula Board this year. It just doesn't make good business sense at this point. Expect them next year with Z77/Z75 chipsets. Hopefully we'll get more sata 3 ports, but the leaked details say no. We're at least getting integrated usb 3.0. The good news is that the boards will be reverse compatible if you want to keep your sandy bridge cpu.

vladisnger
    Another enthusiast begging for an AM3+ GENE board. Failing that, at least a decent mATX board with heatsinked power phases and the like. There's already a couple solid 990* boards out - the Sabertooth and the M5A99X EVO. Is it too much to ask to just shrink the M5A99X to mATX form factor by just ditching the PCIe 1x slots and maybe one of the PCie 16x slots without also tearing out all of the other quality features?
    Not everyone with an mATX system is just looking to save money. Judging by the state of current AM3 mATX boards, Asus could easily corner this market segment.
    I and plenty of others are absolutely willing to spend $150+ (full ATX M5A99X is currently $160 on newegg) instead of $100 for an enthusiast targeted mATX motherboard.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Cyrekk's Avatar

Lightbulb

Man, I hate having my first post on this forum being just another guy proclaiming his desires for an ROG GENE board for AMD, but I feel compelled to say it anyways. If ASUS released a CHV GENE, I would buy it today.

That being said, this thread is more or less dead, so it is likely no longer the place for us all to unite in pleas for this product. There are plenty of people posting around about their wants for this so I think we should start a new thread specifically for garnering support for the development of this board, as well as feature suggestions. We can even use some of the posts in this thread to get the ball rolling. /2c

Alas, I would fear I am imposing to instate said thread having just joined the forum, as such I would appreciate any forum veterans who would be willing to step up. Perhaps we could even make this into an "I want a Crosshair GENE club?"

Happy posting, see y'all around the boards!
    -C

^^^I hate to rain on you, but you're late to the party. Chances are very nil, if ever, that ASUS will make a ROG mATX board for AMD.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Cyrekk's Avatar

I don't know... It's a very long time between now and "ever" haha. In any case, a bleak future is no reason to lose hope or give up fighting!
    New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
    Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
    [Work in progress]
    The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
    SYSTEM SPECS

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast