cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The next GENE and Formula?!

Retired
Not applicable
Hey guys, a number of people have been asking me if there will be a Maximus/Crosshair Gene or Formula. Currently there are no plans at the moment. BUT What IF!, just what if your ideas made a difference. With enough demand, anything is possible. so lets have an open discussion... what would you like to see from a maximus/crosshair gene or formula ?
117 REPLIES 117

xeromist
I love me some high performance mATX. 🙂
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

The formula should maintain the specs of the Maximus III, but with a few changes.
1) High wattage 3-pin/pwm header on the bottom right corner of the board (20-25 watts). These boards are for the extreme and the extreme water-cool. A good number of motors are powered by a 3-pin plug and short out normal boards.
2) usb 3.0 (obviously).
3) toggleable x16/x16, x16/x8, x8/x8 SLI support. Why? Certain functions run better on one mode than another.
4) 64-bit UEFI for the new 3tb drives.

Post any other suggestions so Asus will know what we want.

martin_metal_88
Level 8
I would definatly love a Crosshair on AM3+. AMD are promotting chip like they have never done before so I'm all wet about what they will bring to us.
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

raisethe3
Level 7
Wouldn't the next series be "Crosshair 5"? The current Crosshair IV already implements AM3 sockets only. With the upcoming Bulldozer being AM3+ sockets, which is more ideal for a new series. I vote for the Crosshair Gene which I asked in a thread awhile back. It would definitely be a nice line up to the AMD ASUS ROG line, so that it can caters different users. A Crosshair 5 GENE would be nice with 2 PCI Ex16 slots, 1 Pci ex1 slot and a standard PCI (much like the Rampage III Gene). Then add the headers, power/reset buttons onboard. The back I/O connections should be standard just like all the other ROG boards. All in all, it should resembles much like the Rampage III Gene except with 4 DIMM slots (obviously) and a AMD socket. With this lineup, it could cater the Crosshair Extreme (extreme crazy hard core gamers), the Crosshair Formula (hard core gamers), and then GENE (just your standard gamers with 2 video cards 🙂 like myself.)

If you guys (ASUS) can do that, I will purchase that for my next build in a heartbeat. Also believe me, it WILL sell!

Thanks for reading this!

martin_metal_88
Level 8
You're right it's my bad on this one 😉
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Retired
Not applicable
Sweden NEEDS an IV Formula board, the EATX M4E is just too big to sell.

C'mon poeple, this is a thread for what we want from the next Formula and Gene boards, not to just say "we want it". The only other person who made any suggestions was raisethe3.

Retired
Not applicable
The world needs a good uATX AM3(+) motherboard

voted CHVG

martin_metal_88
Level 8
It's so close brian that Asus engi will have to make all the three board 😛
Martin_metal_88

Ask for more!