View Poll Results: Which board is most sought after?

Voters
784. You may not vote on this poll
  • Maximus 4 Gene

286 36.48%
  • Maximus 4 Formula

239 30.48%
  • Crosshair 4 Gene

305 38.90%
  • These are not worth making

12 1.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

CrossHair V Formula or Extreme GENE ...Asus ROG AMD GENE ... yum.c.

Cyrekk: Had a good start on V Gene here:
    http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showth...e-it-a-reality

Crosshair V Gene....yum.

R3PTIL3
    Hello ASUS ROG!

This is my first post, and i am here just to ask you something in the sake of the mental health of many many people around the world.

So lets see it... I have a i5 2500K, and if i want a rog series mobo, i have two choices.
    Either i can take de small gene iv which is going to look absolutely ridiculous on my full tower case OR i can take the extreme iv, wich has many things we dont use and dont care about, and btw too expensive for some.

As you can see, its either one end or the other, but what about the people in the middle?
    We need a FORMULA IV mobo now! Standard size, standard features (for rog line) with a price range around 280$ top.
    Yes we have good mobos like p8z68 v pro or deluxe editions but they are blue... every manufacturer puts blue on their mobos today!
    A lot of guys are running to gigabyte new all black mobos because we are sick of the blue...

So, bottom line, make a FORMULA IV mobo as soon as possible and make we all happy.
    If you could do it allready with pci-e 3.0 support i bet you guys are goin to sell them very good.

Quote Originally Posted by R3PTIL3 View Post
    Hello ASUS ROG!

This is my first post, and i am here just to ask you something in the sake of the mental health of many many people around the world.

So lets see it... I have a i5 2500K, and if i want a rog series mobo, i have two choices.
    Either i can take de small gene iv which is going to look absolutely ridiculous on my full tower case OR i can take the extreme iv, wich has many things we dont use and dont care about, and btw too expensive for some.

As you can see, its either one end or the other, but what about the people in the middle?
    We need a FORMULA IV mobo now! Standard size, standard features (for rog line) with a price range around 280$ top.
    Yes we have good mobos like p8z68 v pro or deluxe editions but they are blue... every manufacturer puts blue on their mobos today!
    A lot of guys are running to gigabyte new all black mobos because we are sick of the blue...

So, bottom line, make a FORMULA IV mobo as soon as possible and make we all happy.
    If you could do it allready with pci-e 3.0 support i bet you guys are goin to sell them very good.
    PCI-e 3.0 isnt that big a deal yet as we are barely utilizing 2.0 speeds with the 500 series.

Although I do agree a 1155 Maximus Formula would be good for people who need more expansion slots for 2 or 3 way sli and use other expansion cards.
    I personally only use 1 Graphipcs card so the Gene is good enough for my needs but I do have a full tower case and It would be nice to have a board that gives me more potential to use more expansion cards. Although the Gene DOES do Sli so you cant complain too badly xD.

If you are looking for a performance full size ATX board in that price range I do recommend the EVGA FTW boards they just released the Z series boards and they still have P series boards if you want to save some money and dont need the Z features.

I expect we wont see a 1155 Maximus Formula board until Ivy Bridge, Z77 probably.
    My Rig:
    CPU - Core i5 2500k || Motherboard - Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z || Memory - 8GB 2x4 Corsair Vengeance DDR3
    Graphics Card - EVGA 560 Ti SC DS || Hard Drive - WD Caviar Green 640GB Sata II || Power Supply - Corsair HX650
    Case - Lancool K63 || CPU Cooler - EVGA Superclock CPU Cooler || Monitor - 2x22" ViewSonic 1080p LED
    EVGA Affiliate Code: ZZQSAN5DAP

R3PTIL3,
    Hang in there for the ROG Black & Red...
    you know it's worth the wait.... evga??? really???

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Cyrekk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chrsplmr View Post
    R3PTIL3,
    evga??? really???
    While I completely agree with waiting on the ROG board, EVGA is a solid manufacturer. I would not at all be surprised to see someone grabbing an EVGA product if the ASUS equivalent is unavailable.
    New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
    Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
    [Work in progress]
    The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
    SYSTEM SPECS

EVGA has the best customer service ive seen
    My Rig:
    CPU - Core i5 2500k || Motherboard - Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z || Memory - 8GB 2x4 Corsair Vengeance DDR3
    Graphics Card - EVGA 560 Ti SC DS || Hard Drive - WD Caviar Green 640GB Sata II || Power Supply - Corsair HX650
    Case - Lancool K63 || CPU Cooler - EVGA Superclock CPU Cooler || Monitor - 2x22" ViewSonic 1080p LED
    EVGA Affiliate Code: ZZQSAN5DAP

True Ckk, and then be kicking themselves when the THE ROG hits..
    the competition is fierce..

almost coming down to marketing and support...dollar balancing act.

I dont mean to disparage any competitor company, I just firmly believe
    that ROG is the best in the world and for me, worth the wait.

Now, Where is my ROG AMD GENE, Asus? hahahahhaha
    And agreed..there are some seriously tempting sweet options on the market.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Rocket_Assist's Avatar

Anyone who wants a Maximus IV Formula (on Ivy Bridge of course) can contribute and support its development here: http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showth...mus-IV-Formula

And Chrsplmr, you're getting a bit spam-ish with the AMD propaganda. I don't care all that much, but it would be a good idea to back off before the spam police show up.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12