View Poll Results: Which board is most sought after?

Voters
784. You may not vote on this poll
  • Maximus 4 Gene

286 36.48%
  • Maximus 4 Formula

239 30.48%
  • Crosshair 4 Gene

305 38.90%
  • These are not worth making

12 1.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Brian@ASUS
    i think ive brought this up before, but what about a case modders type board? i see a lot of systems and the trend of how systems are being built are all about being super clean. maybe LED lights on the board can help give a unique look and feel when in the case. not blinding of course, but subtle. possibly LED behind the board to create a hover or halo effect? would you guys want adjustability on different LED colors? i think default should come red since that is the ROG color, but it can also be customized to your case.

another question is how many of you plan to go water and how many plan to stick with Air? what if we made a board that included a full waterblock. not like the stricker which was only for the northbridge. with compression fittings! we can possibly do a collaboration and have a cpu block included with the package as well?

how important is it for you to have high end audio cards or network cards like killer nic? are you guys fine with the realtek we are currently using? or do you prefer a high end X-FI?

ROG Member Array

LEDs on the back of the board is a great idea, i think it will add a unique effect to the case if u work with windows in the side
    ill probably go with a CoolIT ECO 240 watercooling so i'd prefer normal heatsinks, but maybe u can make two versions, one with normal heatsinks and one with waterblocks. Or make one version and ship both the normal heatsink and the waterblock so the user can choose
    for the NIC, a realtek would be fine for me because ill be using a combination of LAN and WLAN
    for the audio, i also dont really have a problem with the standard realtek ones but a X-FI would be a nice addition
    - Thijsiez

Never tried, never known

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket_Assist View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all/ almost all WCers mount their pumps on the case bottom or in a drive bay? That means only 2 headers max would be needed. Plus, alot of pumps are fixed speed and it's hard to find a simple speed contoler that can handle 20 watts+. We can just leave it for a vote later.
    The only requirement for a pump location is that it be below the res/t-line. I will admit though that most are mounted where you are saying. I've not seen anyone use a mobo header though. Most people I know, like me, prefer to hide the wires. If I was using a pump with 3-pin I wouldn't bother with a controller, just use a molex adapter.

I have no problem waiting to see what others say; maybe I'll be surprised. Personally I just see it as a solution looking for a problem, that's all.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Brian@ASUS View Post
    i think ive brought this up before, but what about a case modders type board? i see a lot of systems and the trend of how systems are being built are all about being super clean. maybe LED lights on the board can help give a unique look and feel when in the case. not blinding of course, but subtle. possibly LED behind the board to create a hover or halo effect? would you guys want adjustability on different LED colors? i think default should come red since that is the ROG color, but it can also be customized to your case.
    Have you seen the new Crucial Smart Tracer? I wouldn't mind something like that where I can set programs and disable the lights from Windows.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CrucialM.../0/ig5dkiwAXGY

another question is how many of you plan to go water and how many plan to stick with Air? what if we made a board that included a full waterblock. not like the stricker which was only for the northbridge. with compression fittings! we can possibly do a collaboration and have a cpu block included with the package as well?
    I like the idea of having the chipset done for me, but I'm not sure about the CPU. It would have to add less to the cost of the board than just buying it separately because I have to do the installation no matter what anyway. WRT compression fittings, just remember that there are several different kinds depending on the ID+OD of your tubing. I faced that problem recently because I had a normal compression fitting but fat Tygon...no joy. I'm not saying that including fittings is bad but I have found that frequently I don't use included fittings unless I've chosen them.

how important is it for you to have high end audio cards or network cards like killer nic? are you guys fine with the realtek we are currently using? or do you prefer a high end X-FI?
    I've heard mixed reviews about the killer nic. I'm not sure if I'd want it baked into my board in case it caused more harm than good. I like having nice onboard audio but I find that I use headphones most of the time so I can't give a proper answer.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

Brian@ASUS
    maybe we can include standard fittings, but they are removable depending on the tube size so youre able to adjust.

ive seen the tracers. personally i think its a bit too blinding and can get annoying after a while. i was thinking something more subtle. more of a glow. the LED would either be hidden behind the board so that it doesnt blind you, or it could be hidden under a heatsink or possibly molded into the plastic of the pci lanes and what not to allow colors to change on the board.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Rocket_Assist's Avatar

The LED idea sounds good on paper, but I don't think it would be best in the end. A bunch of bare LEDs on the business side just sounds like an eyesore to me and putting them on the back poses the risk of breaking them off. It would only take one tug of a cable running behind the board. Also, bright red LEDs can ruin a color scheme. I wish this would come in a black edition so I could maintain my black & blue theme.

As far as including water blocks, they would just be unecessary price increases. People tend to have their preferred brand(s) and diameter and may just recycle old blocks. Plus, north-bridge cooling usually takes a back seat when it comes to watercooling. It's obviously important, but doesn't generate near the heat of a cpu or gpu. An efficient air cooler should be fine and keep costs lower.

A high-end audio card like what came with the M3F would be great, but in the most current revision.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Rocket_Assist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    The only requirement for a pump location is that it be below the res/t-line. I will admit though that most are mounted where you are saying. I've not seen anyone use a mobo header though. Most people I know, like me, prefer to hide the wires. If I was using a pump with 3-pin I wouldn't bother with a controller, just use a molex adapter.
    Of course no one does it. Read the CPX-pro reviews at Dangerden. Some moron connected it to his board and fried it in a week. No board is designed to handle 17 watts from one header.

It (a 20 watt 3-pin header) realy wouldn't be necessary if simple high-watt controlers were availible. Just a little black box with a knob, a molex cable, and a 3-pin/ pwm on the opposite end.

I plan to go on air for AMD (that is, if you guys built one). As for LED, I would like it behind the board especially I like to go inside my case a lot so it doesn't blind me. The current color light scheme is perfect because it is the default color for ROG boards.

And lastly for audio cards and killer nics, I never even bother purchasing audio cards nor killer nics. I find the audio to be really good. (My Rampage III for example). Understand, I am no audiophile by means, but its enough to satisfied my needs in listening to gaming and music, etc. Even with my DVD playback, the sound quality is excellent. I know many may disagree here, but again, these are my opinions and I am greatly satisfied by them. But I do like to see a Supreme X-Fi built onto the motherboard, if not then I guess a regular one would do.

Also, Two things I like to see is more SATA ports and USB 3. You can never get enough of those (hehehe). Perhaps maybe getting at least 2 additional ports via from a separate controller as opposed to the standard 6 ports already onboard? Also on the USB 3, it is compatible with USB 2.0, so what's the purpose of putting both versions on board? If that make sense. Sort of like a contradictory.

Anyways, I am just throwing out a lot of ideas. Hope I didn't say anything wrong or conflicting for the matter.

abercrombie
    Well guys, I am introducing your new AMD Bulldozer ready mATX called "Crosshair V GENE"

Tell me whacha think? Easy right?

Atilla101uk
    I think cable tidy options (when I say this I mean the things like the 24 pin power, the 8 pin power, the front panel and audio connections and the internal usb headers laying flat facing the outward edge of the boards) would be a very good idea

no fancy netwrok controllers no need for them and also no need for nothing more than normal audio,

I would also like to see a heat pipe arrangement the like of the rampage III gene with the heatsinks contected by a heat pipe. same layout card expansion slots to the other genies except replacing the 2.2 pci with a x1 pci-e

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast