cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX580 DirectCU II

Retired
Not applicable
A quick preview of the GTX580 with DirectCU II

The retail box that you should be looking for.

The GTX580 with Direct CU (Copper) heatpipes that contact directly onto the GPU and a BEEFY heatsink with dual 100MM fans.

a quick diagram of Direct CU technology

Yes requires 2 8pin PCI-E connectors

And YES a 3 slot design. this is one BEEFY card. Many of you may be asking well what about triple or quad SLI. Due to the LARGE majority that usually purchase no more than a Dual SLI setup, we have decided to make DUAL SLI the best it can be. With this dual slot configuration, it really fills in the games compared to a single or dual slot design.

And the rear backplate to prevent flex and help dissipate heat. Whats pretty cool is when you put the cards in your system in a traditional ATX case, you will be able to see the GTX 580 to show off your ballin GPU

Some of the other unique features of this card is Super Alloy Power technology which consist of high end chokes, mosfet and capacitors.
heres a quick video:

While traditional chokes are hollow, you might here a high pitched whine when stressing your card as the choke coils will vibrate. You will probably notice this when running programs like Folding@home. With the new solid chokes you wont here these whines, plus they run cooler. :cool:
14 REPLIES 14

Retired
Not applicable
Cool card, But for people like me with a ASUS Rampage III Gene were screwed with a SLI setup.

Retired
Not applicable
some photos on the board.

Retired
Not applicable
well you can always get the regular 580 =P

Retired
Not applicable
Yeah yeah =P Nice pics though! Should have given those to all the guys that did News articles about these thingss!

martin_metal_88
Level 8
So Brian when are the factory phase cooled card on the market XD
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Retired
Not applicable
just one question if you have a second card in your system wont this compromise the cooling of the first card because if the first card sucks in air its sucking the hot air of the second GPU in or if it blows out air isnt it just heating up the seccond card?

Joe Richardson wrote:
just one question if you have a second card in your system wont this compromise the cooling of the first card because if the first card sucks in air its sucking the hot air of the second GPU in or if it blows out air isnt it just heating up the seccond card?

On one side, since it's a open push cooler, the air can come from anywhere. As long as it can get in and out. The fan rotation side will tell if it take air from the rear bottom or via the back of the computer if no clearance is available over the fan.
Now 2 dumb answer just for fun 🙂

That's why they putted a bigger cooler XD
Moving air is cooler so the hot air from the first get cooler while passing in the fan and cooler the second one. Look, when I blow air in my hand it feel cooler XD
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Retired
Not applicable
That is sexy 🙂

Joshua_Mahr
Level 9
I hope that last pick is what they are giving away for the next folding contest!!!!
Foo-IX : i7-3730k 4.6Ghz/ HAF XB/ASUS Z77 Deluxe-V/ Trident X DDR3-2400 4Gbx2/ HD7970 Crossfire/ SeaSonic Platinum 1000W/ H100/ Vertex4 SSD/ 3x ASUS 23" LCD-LED