cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gah cursed what the frug is this :S

lilysintrigue
Level 7
Right so just got my laptop back G73 on its 3rd RMA, they replaced the mainboard the gpu and the hdd.. Updated everything, no errors = Happy me.. Wrongggg

Thought I'd celebrate, installed Crysis 2 lots of screen tearing just in the opening credits, thought nothing of it whacked it down to high which I know it can handle having played it previous on this machine.. Still tearing full lines across the screen, so I turned it down to medium.. still lots of lines at this point I know something isnt right.. So I get out of the game.. before I can even get back to my desktop I get this lovely blue screen

http://i45.tinypic.com/15mlgf9.jpg

Is it just me or does this sound like something wasn't done right when they put my laptops guts back in ? lol figuratively speaking 😛

I've already sent Mason an pm, seeing as how he said if I have any further issues I could send my laptop to him for it's 4th RMA , only had it a day again 😞 Anyway I know he will get it fixed this time..

Any help would be great !
31 REPLIES 31

dstrakele
Level 14
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-system/i-get-a-stop-0x00000124-blue-s... indicates your STOP 0X124 BSOD most likely results from the video driver or a hardware error.

What version video driver are you currently running?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

lilysintrigue
Level 7
Just updated it to 291 got it back from rma with a new mainboard, they had the driver at factory 266, updated the driver along with all other updates today.. Was getting alot of screen tearing and flickering before I got this error... Either way I think I'm going to send it back in for Mason to look at it this time, or his techs... 4th RMA of fun wee here we go lol

Any suggestions as it says its a uncorrectable hardware error?

dstrakele
Level 14
I'd try a clean install of 295.73 or 285.62 first.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

fuzon1337
Level 10
I would go with the suggestions to @dstrakele and see if a GPU downgrade fixes your issue.

With the 291 driver you installed, did you install the driver from nVidia or Asus support?

You could download WhoCrashed 3.04 from this site:
http://www.resplendence.com/downloads

And see if that program can provide any more information about the BSOD. Easy to use, click on "analyze" and done 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

lilysintrigue
Level 7
I'm really tired of installing and uninstalling graphic drivers on this machine, thats why I sent it in in the first place. Because I was getting kernel error's Nvidia (insert any graphics card number in here I've rolled back, forward, beta every driver known to man ) has stopped responding adn recovered successfully.. And now I get this, I don't know what is wrong with this machine.. Before they replaced the graphics card/mainboard I was never getting tearing on anything like I did today.. only the kernel error's when I was on the desk top or surfing the web.. This is the first time I've ever had anything happen like this.. with my machine.. I am going to try and reboot the machine and see how it acts.. Then uninstall and reinstall driver 285.62 But regardless I think just to be safe since its only been again 6 hours into having the machine back I'm going to send it in again .. :((

I downloaded my nvidia driver from their website.. not asus Just rebooted my machine, hung on black screen for like 3 mins before it booted up the safe mode screen.

Started windows blue win 7 screen came up and then went away hung on a black screen for another 2 mins, going from black to grey then back to black..

Windows finally booted up, but kept getting white horizontal blocks in the left corner...

fuzon1337
Level 10
That doesn't sound good at all.
I am no expert when it comes to this, but for me it sound like the GPU is almost dead.

How old is your notebook?
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205

lilysintrigue
Level 7
They just replaced the gpu and the mainboard and the hdd this last rma my 3rd, I just got it back today Weeps lol its less that a year old, turns a year in June on my birthday when I brought it 😞 This has been going on since January of this year.. Bizcom has had my laptop a whole month I've only had it in hours about a day this last month.. Going back again but this time Mason said he would set up the RMA gah the machine is cursed lol

Here is the info from the bsod.

Crash Dump Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Wed 5/9/2012 11:20:55 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050912-64896-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x12A3B)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA80094FC028, 0xF2000000, 0x100402)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 5/9/2012 11:20:55 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1E3)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA80094FC028, 0xF2000000, 0x100402)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion

2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed.
Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

fuzon1337
Level 10
I googled on "hal.dll (hal+0x12A3B)" as the look of the information that I'm reading on it could be the processor.... I'll look more into it, but it's getting late here in Norway almost 03.00 am 😛

EDIT: Okey, no I'm back to the start agian, it can be many reasons why you got that BSOD.

What you should try is to uninstall any Antivirus/spyware programs that you have, update the atheros wifi card.

And try to test the hardware so we can see if we can source the issue 🙂

http://www.pchelpforum.com/xf/threads/bluescreen-error-0x00000124.97389/page-2 go to post #21 and download those programs to check your hardware.

If you don't want to do this, then you'll have to send it in for a 4. RMA 😞
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205

lilysintrigue
Level 7
Don't say that gah really the cpu what else can they replace in this machine.. they have already done everything except for that, unlesss thats on the mainboard? I think this is just a defective laptop honestly... Thanks, for your help happy slumber 🙂