cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official ASUS SSD – P8P67 Series Validation and Support – Including SATA6G SSD

Mason
Level 10
Hello ASUSROG Forum,

I am very happy to announce I recently finished some extended testing on Crucial’s C300 SATA 6G SSD. These tests were done to validate and ensure the functionality, performance and compatibility of our P8P67 Series of motherboards with this high performance SSD.

The purpose of this thread will be to provide our internal validation results as well as recommendations regarding SATA6G SSDs as well as other SSDs in general.
I will be initially starting this thread with screenshots of the C300 working correctly on the current 1253 UEFI Build. In addition to the benchmark results you will see below each system had 25 reboots along 2 passes of PC Mark Vantage. No issues were seen during testing.

Testing Notes -

1.UEFI was set to complete defaults.

2.Drive was cleaned prior to all testing via Diskpart / Clean All command ensuring best performance. In addition between switches to different board/testbed the drive was allowed sufficient time to run TRIM/Garbage Collection to regain performance. This generally at a minimum will be 1 Hour and 30 mins.

3. No OS Tweaks or adjustments or any other “optimizations were completed during our internal testing. In addition confirmation with our storage partners backs up these statments that these many adjustments cause issues or situations where users compromise the performance or integrity of the OS or drive by making unneeded changes. The operating system was fully updated via Windows Update with all available hotfixes/patches.

Configuration / Testbed is listed below.

CPU – 2600K D2
Ram - Corsair 1600 C8 (running at 1333 C9 due to UEFI defaults )
SSD - C300 with latest firmware 0006 ( on SATA6G Port Intel PCH Port 1 )
HD Controllers Used - Marvell controller used for connection with optical drive ( ASUS BC-08B1ST )
Graphics Card – GTX 560 Direct CU II TOP
Power Supply – Corsair HX850
OS – Windows 7 64Bit – all drivers installed specifics noted.

Drivers Used -

Intel INF - INF_allOS_9.2.0.1021_PV
Intel ME - MEI_allOS_7.0.3.1184_PV
Intel RST - STOR_allOS_10.1.0.1008_PV
Realtek Audio - Vista_Win7_R256
Bluetooth - 6.31.919.302
Nvidia Driver - 266.56_gtx560ti_win7_64bit_international
USB3 - renesas_2.0.32
SATA6G Marvell - marvell_91xx_1051
ESATA JMicron - R1.17.62.00_eSATA
Intel Lan - V15.8.1
Relatek Lan - Install_Win7_7037_01202011

Download Location for Core Intel Drivers are noted below.

Intel® ME: Management Engine Driver for Intel 6 Series Chipset-Based Desktop Boards
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3273&DwnldID=19691&ProductFamily=Deskt...

Chipset: Intel® Chipset Device Software for Intel® Desktop Boards
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3273&DwnldID=19642&ProductFamily=Deskt...

RAID: Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver for Intel Desktop Boards
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19632〈=eng

Next up I will be also adding Raid 0 confirmation of 2 C300 Drives

Software used for benchmark purposes -

Aida64 Build 1230
CrystalDisk Mark Build 3.0.1

For users that communicate issues or performance concerns to ensure we can look into your problems or attempt duplication or resolution YOU MUST NOTE YOUR SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS.

Required Information is noted below

CPU –
Ram / Memory –
SSD with Firmware Revision, Part Number and MFG -
Controller used including port – ( list all drives connected )
Graphics Card –
Power Supply –
OS –
Note on UEFI options – Whether it is UEFI defaults or if you have specific adjustments

Below are screenshots for reference. I hope this helps; should you have any questions, concerns or inqueries please let me know. Please enjoy the rest of your day.

1. P8P67 ( Standard )

By illuminatidiasus at 2011-01-26

2. P8P67 PRO

3. P8P67 EVO

4. P8P67 Deluxe

1 REPLY 1

Retired
Not applicable
Hi Mason
It would be awesome if you could do the same thing with the Intel 510 Series ssd.