cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP Launches: Some Pics

X-ROG
Level 15
http://rog.asus.com/108822012/graphics-cards-2/asus-geforce-gtx-680-directcu-ii-top-launches-some-pi...

Not content with the reference GeForce GTX 680, ASUS engineers have been sifting through massive heaps of GPUs recently to create a TOP-version 680 card. While the GPU is still the same 28nm, 1536 CUDA core/3.5 billion transistor part, this one is overclocked to 1201MHz out of the box in boost clock mode. It also runs about 20% cooler and 14dB quieter than reference thanks to that mammoth DirectCU II cooler, which uses five all-copper heatpipes. Airflow is done by twin 100mm blowers, which all culminates in significantly improved overclocking potential.

But this is no card for the faint of case, it’s three slots tall, almost 12″ long, and needs a 6-pin and an 8-pin for power. For that you do get lots of card and the best graphics money can buy for PC gaming at the moment, buttressed by DIGI+ VRM digital voltage regulation, 10-phase power delivery, and Super Alloy Power components, which are some of the most durable in the industry.

ASUS is also including the by-now expected GPU Tweak utility (special “Kepler” edition), and the DIY-inspired VGA Hotwire.

The only thing I’d change about this card is the 2GB GDDR5 (256-bit), but then there’s only so much you can pack onto a PCB before it all gets too much. I guess we’ll have to wait for the ROG version, nudge nudge.

In the meantime, here are some pics, and let us know your thoughts below on this beautiful piece of technology.

17 REPLIES 17

Menthol
Level 14
When and where can I get my hands on these that's all I want to know, I am dying to try the GPU hot wire with the R4E. Well not dying but you know.

When can we buy it? Asus/sites keep talking about this card yet it's no where to be found in the US. :mad:

Can you solve my doubts?
if i remove PRG100, overvolt over 1175mV is possible on asus gpu tweak ? or only works with hotwire?
thanks

Menthol wrote:
When and where can I get my hands on these that's all I want to know, I am dying to try the GPU hot wire with the R4E. Well not dying but you know.

I've got reference GTX 680 hotwire places: http://kingpincooling.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1680&page=1

Still waiting on the DCIIs

Menthol
Level 14
good question wish I had a couple of these so I could let you know.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Heh, why get a 680 when you can get the new Dual-GPU GTX 690 with an insane 4GB 512-Bit GDDR5 RAM :eek: for a measly $999 USD....or here in Aus for $1609 AUD :eek:

Menthol
Level 14
Thanks MarshallR, very interesting, I believe I'll wait for the DCII's, thell eventually be some stock, my cahonnes aren't big enough to do these mods yet.

X-ROG
Level 15
I just looked at the DCII yesterday - there are specific PCB placements for hotwire making it very easy. I will post pics in an article this week.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
I just looked at the DCII yesterday - there are specific PCB placements for hotwire making it very easy. I will post pics in an article this week.

Is there a guide for the hotwire setup for these cards, removing the resister, safe voltage increase, etc.