cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage III Formula Boot Issue with LSI MegaRAID 9260-4i

Retired
Not applicable
Hello,

I recently put this board in and I can't get it to boot from my LSI MegaRAID 9260-4i. I also own a P6X58D-E and the LSI card boots the computer with this config, so I know the controller works. It's something specific it seems like the 2 don't like each other or something.

I have tried everything I can think of. BIOS updates for all, disabling everything in the BIOS to see if I can get it to go, changing settings on the LSI card and nothing.

I know it's a long shot, but has anyone run across anything like this?

Thanks.

--JL
3 REPLIES 3

martin_metal_88
Level 8
Hi and welcome on Asus rog forum!

If I am right the P6X and the R3F are not using the same SATA controller. It could be incompatibility. Let me do some search and I will come back to you probably tonight or tomorrow 😉 You can always ask here or PM me if you have any other question it will be my and other forum member pleasure to help you!
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Retired
Not applicable
Hey, me again. Any news or ideas further to this? Couple of additional things I tried:

I tried a HighPoint RocketRAID 2720, and it works, but performance is horrible. The old LSI SAS3081-ER works as well in this board -- and the performance of this *older* LSI card is very close to the *new* HighPoint Card.

I am not really sure what else to try. Pretty sure LSI is gonna tell me to go soak my head, but I will go ask. Failing all that, I guess I can always wait for an update.

Retired
Not applicable
I solved this. Apparently it works if you somehow "dissolve" any previous virtual disks i.e. connect it to another LSI controller or maybe the HighPoint one. Then I re-ran the config wizard in the web util (ctrl-h on boot), set the boot drive, and rebooted. And it worked. And I beat my head against the wall for 5 hours at least with this. I am just happy I got it to go. YAY!:eek:

Thanks for your efforts guys. Really appreciate it!

--JL