cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two issues with my new R3X

Retired
Not applicable
Just did a new rebuild (I do one every January - Last build was R2X/i7 965 Extreme 3.20Ghz), and I am LOVING the new style and features of the R3X over the R2X, but I am having a few issues in which none of the guides, support, etc, have helped with (And yes, I went through about 200 posts here trying to find answers :rolleyes:) ...

Issue #1
Cannot get 6G/s on the two 6G/s SATA ports!
I have the latest drivers, BIOS, etc, but I am only showing speeds of 3G/s, no matter what - Is there an option I missed in the BIOS to activate it?

Issue #2
RC Bluetooth refuses to connect my phone (HTC Evo 4G) to my PC!
I followed every guide there is out there, and I have been able to connect to the phone through the computer via Bluetooth to transfer the RC zip file, and installed - The phone is paired with the PC, but as soon as I attempt to connect via the phone, ROG on the phone says "Cannot connect" - I have re-installed drivers on my PC about 100 times, as well as uninstalling and re-installing the RC Bluetooth on my phone, to no avail - Am I missing something here?

If anyone can help solve my problems, I will be forever in your debt - I don't want to start pushing the system until I know I can control and monitor it no matter where I am 😛
3 REPLIES 3

Hapatingjaky
Level 8
Jason Olson wrote:
Just did a new rebuild (I do one every January - Last build was R2X/i7 965 Extreme 3.20Ghz), and I am LOVING the new style and features of the R3X over the R2X, but I am having a few issues in which none of the guides, support, etc, have helped with (And yes, I went through about 200 posts here trying to find answers :rolleyes:) ...

Issue #1
Cannot get 6G/s on the two 6G/s SATA ports!
I have the latest drivers, BIOS, etc, but I am only showing speeds of 3G/s, no matter what - Is there an option I missed in the BIOS to activate it?

Issue #2
RC Bluetooth refuses to connect my phone (HTC Evo 4G) to my PC!
I followed every guide there is out there, and I have been able to connect to the phone through the computer via Bluetooth to transfer the RC zip file, and installed - The phone is paired with the PC, but as soon as I attempt to connect via the phone, ROG on the phone says "Cannot connect" - I have re-installed drivers on my PC about 100 times, as well as uninstalling and re-installing the RC Bluetooth on my phone, to no avail - Am I missing something here?

If anyone can help solve my problems, I will be forever in your debt - I don't want to start pushing the system until I know I can control and monitor it no matter where I am 😛

Your system specs show no drives support SATA 6GB's you must have a SATA III drive in order to see the speeds.
Intel Core i7 5930K @ 4.8GHz, Asus Rampave V Extreme U3.1, Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz 32GB DDR4 ( 4x8GB ), Nvidia GeForce Titan-X SLI, Creative Labs E3 USB Soundcard, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 NVME, Corsair AXi 1500i PSU, Corsair 900D, Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard, Logitech Proteus Core Mouse, Acer Predator X34 @ 100Hz, Sennheiser Gamer Zero, Windows 10 Professional

Retired
Not applicable
Hapatingjaky wrote:
Your system specs show no drives support SATA 6GB's you must have a SATA III drive in order to see the speeds.

The last 2 WD's I just got with everything else were supposed to be 6G/s - I specifically bought 2 new HDDs just FOR the faster speeds, and was told that they support 6G/s speeds by WD support (I called them first about the speeds, thinking both drives might be bad, and they told me that it was most likely a BIOS setting that needed to be enabled) 😞

EDIT: The two new drives are WD Caviar Black 2TB (3Gp/s - 6Gp/s)

KILLER_K
Level 10
Have you checked the jumper on the back of the drive? As it has a jumper to go from sata3 to sata6. And you're using the two red sata ports for the sata6 also i assume. Those would be controlled by the marvel controller in the bios. Set the marvel controller to AHCI mode. This is all in the onboard settings tab in the bios.