cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

r3e and OCZ revodrive x2

Retired
Not applicable
hi all.. my first post here... need a little help... i have a pretty strong feeling that my mobo is shutting the PCI lanes a little early... i have the ocz revodrive x2 in one of the pcie lanes and every now and then from i cold boot i have to run through chkdsk for a few seconds... not that big of a deal, but im worried about data corruption...

before anyone freaks out and start blaming ocz, this only happens from a cold boot... i can reboot the machine all day, come in and out of sleep mode/hibernation just fine... its only when the goes through a full power down... ive got a strong suspicion that the ssd loses power before the OS finishes writing everything back to the disk during the shutdown process...

not sure if the engineers visit the forums (i doubt it) but has this been seen/heard of before???
3 REPLIES 3

martin_metal_88
Level 8
This list might be helpfull to you.
http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?79264-revo-compatible-motherboard-list&highli...

It say that the revo work slow ( so can cause issue ) in the 4X PCI-e slot so you might need to put it in the second 16X slot.

Take a loot at it, I would also concider asking on the OCZ forum so you double your chance of finding the issue 🙂

Keep us up to date with the issue 😉
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Retired
Not applicable
i have already been over to their forums... they said the same thing that i already know... the pci slots are turning off too soon and the card is losing power...

i already have the card in an x16 slot...

martin_metal_88
Level 8
Then I have no idea what to tell you. Many people that come to the forum use the revodrive and this mobo but it's seriously the first timeI heard about it. Maybe Brian will see the thread and will be able to ask concerned people at asus.
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!