cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen 3 Bios update help.

kwackerUK
Level 7
Hello all

Could anyone shed some light on this responce from Asus Customer Service?

Original email to Asus:

I recently purchased this motherboard (Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z-GEN3) after being told it would support the new Ivy Bridge CPU (Core i7-3770K). When the box arrived, it stated 22nm ready on the label. I have also purchased the cpu. The problem i have is i need to update the bios on the motherboard to support the new cpu, but i don't have a working system to do this. Will this motherboard have the updated bios as the label states it is 22nm ready? Can i return the motherboard to asus to get the bios updated?

Reply from Asus:

Thank you for contacting Asus customer service.

It was printed on the stick for the part SN, after the SN. It will be 4 digits long.

:confused:

Now i take it stick means sticker? Is this the sticker on the box or sticker on the motherboard?

This is what is printed on the box sticker:

edited the numbers mate else you could get ripped off
LGA1155, Intel Z68, PCIe 3.0(GEN3) support, USB3.0, DDR3 220(O.C.), Sata6G, Intel LAN, SLI/CFX,
Lucid, ROG Connect, Gamefirst, SupremeFX X-Fi 2 Built-in, UEFI BIOS, Mem TweakIt, Windows 7 Support.

So the bios version of this motherboard is either 3337, 2400, 2510, 2512. The motherboard was purchased in late March so you would expect it to have bios version 0402.

All i need to know is what version is the bios? If it is 3203 then i can build the system. If it is 0402 then i need to somehow update the bios but how can this be done? Has anyone been able to return a motherboard to Asus (UK) to have the bios updated?

Thanking you all for your help.

phil
16 REPLIES 16

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hey mate

Have a look on the motherboard itself. Near to the SATA ports and the 24pin power connector there is a white label with a number on it. The last 4 digits are the shipped bios.

If the BIOS is not correct for your CPU, then we should be able to sort.

However you can speak to your retail outlet and get them to send you a Maximus V Gene instead. What was the difference in price by the way. A MVG goes for £150 as far as I know
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thanks for your help HiVizMan

Just checked the label on the motherboard and it is bios version 0402 😞

Not sure what my options are. I have already had to return one of these boards to the vendor due to broken button. Not sure the company will accept another return all because the bios version needs updating.

Do you know of any Asus service centres in the UK that could update the bios? You also stated that you might be able to sort..

I don't know anyone with a cpu that i can borrow and i don't want to go down the route of buying a 2600K or splashing out for a new motherboard.

Thanks alot for help.

Regards Phil

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hey Phil who did you buy the board from. I know all the guys in the UK and should be able to get one of them to just flash the bios for you.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hello HiVizMan

Thanks for this. The board was purchased from Amazon.co.uk (Amazon EU s.a.r.l).

Regards Phil

HiVizMan wrote:
Hey Phil who did you buy the board from. I know all the guys in the UK and should be able to get one of them to just flash the bios for you.

send me your bios chip and I will program it with the bios version you want.

HiVizMan
Level 40
You have pm

Hi, I've got the same problem having bought the gene-z last month from Amazon - my bios version is 0902. Is there somewhere i could take it to save having to buy a compatible cpu and then ebaying? Thanks.

HiVizMan
Level 40
PM me where you are based please.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers kittendoggie - there are two of them that need your expert services.