cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus GTX 580 dissapeared ?

Retired
Not applicable
Hi R-O-G Guys 😃 . Well ive builded a new System basically its Rampage III Extreme , Corsair Dominator 6 Gig , Core i7 920 , Corsair 1200 Watt PSU and 2 x GTX 580´s .
Had the System running for a few days on a benchtable be4 i would be take the parts in the case ( just to test the system ) . Yesterday i putted all in the Case and then suddenly i think 1 of the 2 GTX 580´s dissapeared . The Card starts with 100 % Fan from booting and when i enter Win7 the Card isent reconized by any tool like GPU-Z for example . Ive tried pretty much everything . Tried every PCI-E Slot on the Mobo , everytime the Card spin 100 % and dont give a Signalscreen . On the other Hand the second Card doing it well as she should , everything fine with her . It would be strange if the Card dissapeared already since both of them including the rest of the System is only a few days old and neither of these two was overclocked by me , but they had a tiny factory oc i think . Ive had very much Graphics Cards in my Life but never had a broken one so far . Dont get me wrong i dont wanna claim Asus quality or something here , just wonder if some of you guys may experienced or heard something like that be4 and could give me his conclusion or thaugths .

Regards !
9 REPLIES 9

martin_metal_88
Level 8
The card could be just defective and after a few day of use she crapped out. Or you also migh have damaged it while putting everything in the case. If it's only day old I would just go back where you buyed it and get a replacement.
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks m8 . Well usually i doesent install my Graphicscard with a hammer or so => , serious i doubt i damaged it but yeah will be sending her back i guess .

martin_metal_88
Level 8
Well...PCB is pretty fragile. Sometime it can be just not perfect and then you touch it just at the wrong place ( like a women 😛 ) But my guess is that it was just a bad card and the testing was just to much for her. This happen from time to time. But hey, 1 580 should be enough the time to get the other one back XD
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Retired
Not applicable
Well i want to play crysis again . Yeah but i know what you mean . Would be crap if i just had this 1 Card .

martin_metal_88
Level 8
If you want to play crysis a single 580 is moooooooooore than enough dude 🙂 You could get a refund on the second one and notice no difference. If a game didn't lag, it didn't lag no matter if it's 90 or 70 FPS.
Martin_metal_88

Ask for more!

dvast8n
Level 9
Did you try the card in another slot to see if it's the slot that's bad?

Retired
Not applicable
did you try both dvi ports?

Retired
Not applicable
@ dvast8n

Did u read my first Post or just the topic m8 ? 😃

@ Brain

I tried everything m8 . All PCI-E Slots on the Rampage III Extreme , all PSU Cable Combinations , everything , and well the other Card works with every Combination tho .

martin_metal_88
Level 8
You have done your troubleshooting well young padawan 😛 just kidding 😉
Martin_metal_88

Ask for more!