cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battlefield 3

Shooter94
Level 7
Hey guys , I want to ask you about game on pc Battlefield 3. I've notebook Asus G53JW-SX080V. However, i don't know what details I will play on my notebook. Can you tell me if I will play smoothly?
THX 🙂
10 REPLIES 10

PILGRIM
Level 11
Hi there. Perhaps this old thread can help you (although most of the posters have G74s).
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?4568-Nvidia-V285-Beta-Driver-BF3-FPS-results

Another way is to do the trial-and-error method of finding the right game configurations for the BF3.

Sorry, I've finished playing the game a few months back.
So can't help you much with what game configurations to try with the BF3.
But what I still remember is that the nVidia 285.62 WHQL version ran it well.

Other members who are still playing the game might post their opinions to help you out.
ASUS G74SX-3DE

Peregrine
Level 9
I have the G53SW with the 560M video card.
My config looks like this in the BF3 video settings:

ULTRA
HIGH
HIGH
HIGH
HIGH
HIGH

Runs well.
Asus Z170X + Asus GeFroce GTX Turbo 1070 +... all kinds of Asus goodies. #Fanboi

PILGRIM
Level 11
Peregrine, Is your G53SX-A1 and G53SW one and the same?..
ASUS G74SX-3DE

Sorry, did not notice your reply.
I think the SX is a smidge beefier. Not 100% sure but I think the only difference is a marginally faster processor and it came stock with more RAM.

Just did a search. Looks like the SW has a 460M video card. The SX has the 560M. That's a bit of a difference.
Asus Z170X + Asus GeFroce GTX Turbo 1070 +... all kinds of Asus goodies. #Fanboi

Peregrine wrote:
I think the SX is a smidge beefier. Not 100% sure but I think the only difference is a marginally faster processor and it came stock with more RAM.

Just did a search. Looks like the SW has a 460M video card. The SX has the 560M. That's a bit of a difference.

The G53SX comes with a slower bit rate on the GPU than the G53SW.
GTX 560M 2GB vRAM = 128-bit
GTX 460M 1,5GB vRAM = 192-bit
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

You are right Pilgrim, I did typo. I have the SX.

fuzon1337 wrote:
The G53SX comes with a slower bit rate on the GPU than the G53SW.
GTX 560M 2GB vRAM = 128-bit
GTX 460M 1,5GB vRAM = 192-bit

This is so overblown. That 64 bit memory bus difference is not a huge deal. It is not going to make a big difference in what you can play or how it looks.

I have a G53SW with a GTX460 card in it and BF3 runs extremely smooth. The GPU fan pumps out a lot of heat and the CPU barely sweats.
hope this answers your question.

Peregrine wrote:

Thanks for the info. But I think you didn't get my meaning...:)

You mentioned here that you have the G53SW:

Peregrine wrote:
I have the G53SW with the 560M video card.

But your signature has this:

Rocking a G53SX-A1 upgraded to 16GB.

I was thinking you might have mis-spelled the former.
Thus, my question:

Peregrine, Is your G53SX-A1 and G53SW one and the same?..

No matter, not a big deal, though.. Happy ROG'n! 🙂
ASUS G74SX-3DE

Ruwin
Level 7
Personally i prefer the GTX460M but the 560 card is pretty decent too. Though it is 128 bits, games are totally playable. The GTX 460 on the other hand, is better than the younger version, and if overclocked, it can rock the world ;D