cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems viewing UEFI on Maximus V

aquagraphite
Level 7
I'm experiencing an issue viewing the UEFI on my new Maximus V.

I'm running an Amd 6850 with an Apple 20" attached via DVI.

Windows 7 runs perfectly but I cant actually get into the bios.

I'm running a crucial M4 64gb as my main storage.

When first building I was able to see the 'Press F1 to enter setup...' screen - pressed F1 and then nothing. The code on the board is A2 at this point with the 'boot device' led lit.

This obviously means I can actually get to change any settings in the bios at all so I'm not 100% if everything is setup correct.

Cheers in advance

Mark
12 REPLIES 12

HiVizMan
Level 40
Let me just confirm what you are asking.

Your monitor works fine once you are in OS

But you do not see any on screen information prior to being in OS

Is that correct.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

sounds like the Primary graphics setting to me (Auto, PCI-E, Integrated)

on mine (GTX480, 3770k)

Auto:

Plugged into GTX480 bios fine, windows fine
Plugged into 3770k cannot see bios, windows fine though (ie you can't see anything until windows has finished boot)

If you set manually to Integrated output it works fine

btw - how many posts until image verification stops - its really bugging me now I always find it very difficult to work out one of the words

HiVizMan wrote:
Let me just confirm what you are asking.

Your monitor works fine once you are in OS

But you do not see any on screen information prior to being in OS

Is that correct.

That's it. It seems to be an ati quirk. The other guy who has replied gets a similar scenario.

Unfortunately I don't have an nvidia card spare or an adapter yet to allow my LCD to connect to the hdmi of the intel port.

Just seems to be a uefi bug that could be looked into for people who don't have all the possible bits lying around to at least switch the bios to the correct setting initially.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Is certainly odd that the bios team would have had the IGP as the fist VGA.

Will check with my Maximus V Gene what bios are you using again?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Is certainly odd that the bios team would have had the IGP as the fist VGA.

Will check with my Maximus V Gene what bios are you using again?

Tbh it's completely factory fresh as I haven't been able to get into it at all!

HiVizMan
Level 40
Not to worry. The bios that was shipped with your mobo can be found on the white sticker between the sata ports and the 24 pin cable. The bios version is the last 4 digits on that sticker.

HiVizMan wrote:
Not to worry. The bios that was shipped with your mobo can be found on the white sticker between the sata ports and the 24 pin cable. The bios version is the last 4 digits on that sticker.

Looks like its the first revision 0602...

HiVizMan
Level 40
An easy fix would be to update your BIOS I would say. I suggest that you download the next two revisions from the motherboard support page and since you are unable to view your screen as yet - simply flash the bios in OS using the ASUS utility.

You can update to the latest BIOS if you want.

HiVizMan wrote:
An easy fix would be to update your BIOS I would say. I suggest that you download the next two revisions from the motherboard support page and since you are unable to view your screen as yet - simply flash the bios in OS using the ASUS utility.

You can update to the latest BIOS if you want.

Just so you know the only way to get it all working was to hook it up to the big TV via HDMI.

It seems to be an ati/dvi or hdmi issue: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/291297-12-have-uefi-radeon-isolate