Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

Yep, me too. I ordered the P67 Sabertooth just two days ago from Buy.com. I see Newegg and Tiger Direct has removed all P67 boards from their shelves. I guess its OK to continue with the build until Asus gets the replacements? Any more info on the procedure for a recall would be helpful. Is it only SATA 2 affected or all SATA ports?

MIA ROG Guru Array

Quote Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
    Yep, me too. I ordered the P67 Sabertooth just two days ago from Buy.com. I see Newegg and Tiger Direct has removed all P67 boards from their shelves. I guess its OK to continue with the build until Asus gets the replacements? Any more info on the procedure for a recall would be helpful. Is it only SATA 2 affected or all SATA ports?
    You'll like the sabertooth and it's only sata 2 ports so just use sata 3 only
    "I would rather be gaming!" Grunts-clan.com

http://Pcjunkiemods.com
    http://c2cmods.com

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array martin_metal_88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
    As intel say in a previous article, they have to find agreement with the manufacturer before doing anuthing else. They also need to have chipset to replace the faulty one. Which could take few week to start production to a good volume. Chip's are not like a like board, it can take month to get production to it's regular level after a shutdown. Intel also say that the new one should be available in mid feb and in mass production at the end of march or begining of april. So now, the only thing to do is build the computer and don't worry about it. Info about the call back should start to get in in 2 week or so.
    Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2