Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

@x7007: Can you make two records (with Audacity for example) with your mic connected to the phoebus. In the first one just record without any system load (and without saying anything). In the second one run Furmark at 8X AA and high resolution (e.g. FullHD) while you are recording (and also without saying anything). The following things would be good to know: mainboard, microphone, sample rates and in which slots the sound card and the graphics card are.
    It would be great if some other users, who think they haven't the buzzing problem could do such records too.

Thanks in advance!

ROG Enthusiast Array

I have my Phobeus in a Rampage III Extreme PCI-E 1x slot in between two GTX 690's using Logitech Z-5500 speakers via analog and my card is silent. No interference in the speakers, headphones, or the mic.
    Last edited by Lotek; 07-12-2012 at 10:22 PM.

ROG Member Array

Yes, but could you please record this "silence" under heavy graphic load (Furmark at high settings) with Audacity for example and export it as wav or flac? I would like to analyze it. Thanks in advance.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Razer. I'm not sure what you mean. How can you record an open mice without capturing fan noise especially under full load?
    Last edited by Lotek; 07-13-2012 at 03:18 AM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Razer570 View Post
    @x7007: Can you make two records (with Audacity for example) with your mic connected to the phoebus. In the first one just record without any system load (and without saying anything). In the second one run Furmark at 8X AA and high resolution (e.g. FullHD) while you are recording (and also without saying anything). The following things would be good to know: mainboard, microphone, sample rates and in which slots the sound card and the graphics card are.
    It would be great if some other users, who think they haven't the buzzing problem could do such records too.

Thanks in advance!
    The thing is, there will be humming cause i don't have Watercooling in my box so there is noises of the fans so i have no chance of putting it off of course.
    So i recorded that, where should i upload it ?

I am using the Control Box mic + 48hz-24bit sample on everything Speakers+Headphones+Mic - Speakers Logitech 5500 + DT990 Premium set to 600ohms - Theater Not on so is X surround Not on.
    My card is on PCIe x1 on the lowest part farthest from the cpu P5Q Deluxe + 480GTX on the primary connection, nearest to cpu. anything else you need?

EDIT : the mic settings are 100Volume + 20dB Boost , using 30dB makes a really cracking noise, its too much power for the noise, need to use the Rog Command if you want to go that high.
    Last edited by x7007; 07-13-2012 at 03:01 AM.

ROG Member Array

Thanks for the information guys. The fan humming doesn't matter at all, because it is of course no problem, if it's louder than the buzzing from the interference with the graphics card. In addition there will be always a basic noise, so that's exactly what I want. Information are also good. Could you upload your files to a common OCH (rapidshare.com, uploaded.to, zippyshare.com, etc.). But please export it as wav or flac, not as mp3!

Thanks in advance.

/EDIT: So is this how your graphics card and sound card is placed? Because the PCIe x1 slot I marked for the sound card is the farthest from the cpu. Or do you have it in a PCIe x16 further down?
    Last edited by Razer570; 07-13-2012 at 10:05 AM.

ROG Member Array

Going back to my previous posts, i just want to say, i'm still having crashes with cod: mw3 & mw2. Driver update didn't help. In fact i've found same more threads on steam forums regarding this issue from people having crashes from mw3 similar to mine. The only solution so far is to change the sound card It works for them as it works for me. When I put my xonar d2x back, no more crashes. Has anyone of you guys encountered similair issues? Raja can you provide some feedback, please?

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

The only feedback I can give you is this:

Fill out a bug report form and email it in. Sticky thread with the form is in the forum (you can't miss it).

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Razer570 View Post
    Thanks for the information guys. The fan humming doesn't matter at all, because it is of course no problem, if it's louder than the buzzing from the interference with the graphics card. In addition there will be always a basic noise, so that's exactly what I want. Information are also good. Could you upload your files to a common OCH (rapidshare.com, uploaded.to, zippyshare.com, etc.). But please export it as wav or flac, not as mp3!
    Thanks in advance.
    /EDIT: So is this how your graphics card and sound card is placed? Because the PCIe x1 slot I marked for the sound card is the farthest from the cpu. Or do you have it in a PCIe x16 further down?
    I have it on the PCIe x16 farthest from cpu BLACK.
    And here are the link saved WAV from Audacity, i just clicked record and Export it WAV.
    http://www.multi-upload.me/mf_ndrs1nquiytb

EDIT : I can't connect it to the PCIe X1 under the BLUE connector cause 480GTX has dual cooling space, so i can't even see the connection.

EDIT : songs really sound crap no matter what i do, lol MP3 files. i can't find quality FLAC files anywhere to test it with the DT990 Premium on 600ohms, still can't get the max out of it
    Last edited by x7007; 07-13-2012 at 03:04 PM.

ROG Member Array

Thanks, but unfortunately I can't download your files. Can you check that please?

Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast