Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Curious to what kind of testing they did to find the manufacturing defects. What defects was found would also be a great help. Glad you was able to return your sound card for a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by pRosta View Post
    In the end, I've sent the card to the shop, where i've bought it. They checked it and found some defects of mainfacturing works and offerd me to take another. But i'd prefered to take my money back.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array chilinmichael's Avatar

For a company that can't keep a simple website up, do you really think they are going to be able to develop a new driver properly or make consistent hardware? LOL
    Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by chilinmichael View Post
    For a company that can't keep a simple website up, do you really think they are going to be able to develop a new driver properly or make consistent hardware? LOL
    Had the same think, when the website was knocked out)
    But what can I have as an alternative to this card? A've looked through several cards, but all of them are with problems - creative are not good as well

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

http://www.asus.com/Sound_Cards_and_...rt_Download_36 {stereo}
    http://www.asus.com/Sound_Cards_and_...s/Xonar_Xense/ {7.1 surround}

The Xonar Essence STX is hands down the top of the line Asus sound card. And you can swap out the op amps in it also. But it is only a stereo sound card. As everything in virtual after that. This one was a great one also, released after the STX.

The Xense is the one they gave you the Sennheiser's 350 with also in the box. But the STX is still the sound card everyone likes. If you are a stereo headphone guy then the card is great. If anything above stereo then I would grab a Xense. The Xonar D2X is still a great one. Can't comment on the new Creative Labs Zx's. Need to get one and try it out.

ROG Enthusiast Array

The phoebus is technically a replacement for the Xense, which was a pretty cool Card/Bundle. This one should be too, unfortunately its not going so well... am I right? lol... (I'ts not even funny at this point in time.) Altho at least my cod4 bugs were fixed pretty quickly with the 3.08 . So at least that... I don't have any problems besides firmware not updating which I hope they are working on it. And yes I'ts been long, BUT they know they have to fix it.. It's how it goes.. otherwise we can all just sue asus and get at least money back. There are laws.. Don't worry too much I would say.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by KILLER_K View Post
    The Xense is the one they gave you the Sennheiser's 350 with also in the box.
    Saw 2 times this name, but twice thought about essence one (don't know why ), and that's why didn't even give a look at it (the price of essence is to much). Can you say the recomended price of xence? Our f*cking russian shops can overprice the goods on even till 65$ (

Thanks for advice. may be xence will gratificate me on 100% )

P.S. I'm looking the card 100% for gaming with headphones (90% of time).
    Last edited by pRosta; 03-14-2013 at 02:49 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by KILLER_K View Post
    http://www.asus.com/Sound_Cards_and_...rt_Download_36 {stereo}
    http://www.asus.com/Sound_Cards_and_...s/Xonar_Xense/ {7.1 surround}

The Xonar Essence STX is hands down the top of the line Asus sound card. And you can swap out the op amps in it also. But it is only a stereo sound card. As everything in virtual after that. This one was a great one also, released after the STX.

The Xense is the one they gave you the Sennheiser's 350 with also in the box. But the STX is still the sound card everyone likes. If you are a stereo headphone guy then the card is great. If anything above stereo then I would grab a Xense. The Xonar D2X is still a great one. Can't comment on the new Creative Labs Zx's. Need to get one and try it out.
    That may well be, but I would never buy a Xonar card again, Phoebus burned me badly. They are very expensive, an really sub par sadly.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array chilinmichael's Avatar

I don't think the Phoebus is that bad...it's made of good quality hardware and as long as you don't have any issues with the driver (such as me) its sound is extraordinary. I feel for those with issues and ask for driver updates for those with the issues that have been listed. I had problems under Windows 8, but not in 7. My firmware didn't update with the new Beta, my only complaint.
    Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

New ROGer Array

Ive had mine since last year Dec, 20th i think and also ive no complaints for this card except firmware update. Mind u this is on Win7.
    All games i played, movies i watched and music ive listened to, so far all is good, specially like Dolby® Home Theater V4, converts all my 2channel movies to surround and does quite a good job, well to me it does. Ive 2 pairs of headphones SEN419 and SEN598 and gotta say the 598 are amazing with this card, most times i prefer my senies over my normal 7.1 speaker setup...........

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Does the card work with SLI nvidia cards?

Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast