Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by WTC View Post
    Tassy, I truly believe the problem is in your faulty headset. The sound from headphone is leaking into microphone, which shouldn't happen with working headset. Even with onboard audio you shouldn't need to turn on AEC to make headphone and microphone work correctly. Also, AEC is not meant to be applied on this situation. Although it will solve your problem, AEC is meant to cancel the speaker sound picked up by microphone. In the usage of headphone+microphone you shouldn't need it.

Have you heard anyone else having the same problem with that headset?
    na mate, but then I have not looked, because it doesn't do with onboard sound if I use the AEC. Before I bought the phoebus this didn't happen by the way, so the trigger is the phoebus. Not to mention the fact that with a cheap 20$ mic I bought at Dick smiths, I no longer have an issue with everyone on vent hearing everything that I do.

As for ventrillo issue, other people are having same problem with phoebus an vent same as I.
    Last edited by Tassy; 04-26-2013 at 12:13 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by AVtemp View Post
    I use Phoebus with SoundMax Superbeam mic (got it from old Asus motherboard).It works great.
    My Phoebus remote box mic works without problem too.
    I dont use "Beam forming" or "ENC", because they affect sound quality.
    Once i tried "A4tech" headset with mic and got HUGE amount of static noise.

As for your sound problem: i think Ventrillo don`t work right with Phoebus on your PC. Phoebus driver sucks.
    I have problems with BF3 and ASIO on my PC. I`m angry too.
    It is possible its just the phoebus driver is ****, but everyone I know soon as I plugged in the external box mic, they could hear everything I hear constantly. Be it games I am playing, tv, windows sounds you name it...
    The box Mic is woeful, an I dont understand how it passed checks before manufacturing. I would get fired in my job if I produced something of that quality an said its ready.

Your voice is so bad when you speak that it is just idiotic in the extreme. To be frank, whoever passed the phoebus for manufacturing should be fired because they do not know their job.

ROG Enthusiast Array

double post

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by genkifd View Post
    the popping sound happens right at the beginning of the audio playback. How this happen was i uninstalled the standard Nvidia HD Audio driver. But reinstalling the driver does not fix the problem.

in regards to BF3 i have played this game for some time.

the funny thing is when i uninstall the phoebus driver and use HD audio driver no popping occurs
    Asus is now telling me to RMA the sound card. Great......
    GPU: SLI EVGA GTX 680 Classifieds, MB: EVGA Z77 FTW, CPU: i7 3770k (4.7ghz & replaced TIM with Liquid Pro), RAM: Trident X 2400mhz 2x8gb, SSD: Crucial M4 256gb, HDD: Seagate Barracude 2tb, ODD: Asus Bluray burner, PSU: Seasonic 1000w Platinum, WC: Custom, Mon: 3x Benq GL2450, Audio: Asus ROG Phoebus, KB: CM Storm Trigger (Cherry MX Blue), Mouse: Logitech G9x.

New ROGer Array

i need help not sure if i should use the dolby settings or the game profile on xonar main window, to me playing metro last light sounds good even without using game mode, wish i could get some more insight on this .. like what i can enable or not enable i just want pure sound not any effects..

ROG Member Array

all this problems are with 7.0.1.29 driver?

New ROGer Array

Hi, I'm getting a message when installing the phoebus driver.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xonar.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	197.5 KB 
ID:	23067
    It happened since the first time i installed it and also my motherboard didn't recognize today until i changed the PCE-E and put it next to the GPU. And as the message on the image it says that i attach the 6 pin power conector and i have done that every time from the beginning.

Ga-990fxa-ud5
    AMD Phenom X2 955
    Sapphire HD 7850 OC
    PSU CM 700 watts

It makes me doubt on the phoebus and after seeing all the other problems, even more.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

I would remove the sound card out and allow it to boot into the os. Try a pci-express slot that isn't shared when you put the sound card back in. Also try another 6 pin pci-express plug to be 100% sure. If none of this fixes it, then return the sound card for a refund.

Official/Unofficial? Beta Tester For The Asus Pheobus ROG Xonar 2012 - 2013
    Last edited by KILLER_K; 07-09-2013 at 04:35 AM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array chilinmichael's Avatar

Mine (when I had it before this beautiful SB ZXR) always reminded me it needed extra power and had to hit accept. It's simply a dummy message, I don't think the installer is written to see if there's extra power or not.
    Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I think you're right. It's a dummy message. The installer will show that message no matter what since at that point the driver is not installed yet and there's no way for software to check if the external power is connected or not.

Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast