Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Hello

Receiving my Phobeus tomorrow, and i have just seen this thread.
    The game that I play is BF3.... perturbed that a new soundcrad and on that is £160 has this kind of issue with this kind of game.

Was this not tested by QA ??,
    Any updates to problem ?

Would like to keep the card but would want it to work as it should do.

Thank you for your time.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I turned all of the sampling settings to 44.1KHz/16bit and that has seemed to keep me from being kicked from the servers, but I am stilling getting some serious stutter(video and audio) after about 15 minutes of game play (BF3). I have to say the sound quality from the Phoebus is great and I am hearing things and locations of sounds much more clearly that my old x-fi, but the stutter is EXTREMELY annoying. I really hope they can find a fix this issue soon.

*I guess it would be nice to know if they are at least working on the problem as I really do like this card, but the BF3 bug is a little much for me as I play a lot of BF3 with my friends*
    Last edited by dedaciai; 05-17-2012 at 04:34 PM.
    Intel Core 3930K at 4.25GHz
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 1404
    Crucial M4 SSD 256GB
    EVGA GTX 570 SC 2-Way SLI @ 822/2000/1.038V 24/7 Drivers: WHQL 301.42
    2 Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    Asus XONAR Phoebus
    Corsair H100 (p/p)
    Corsair Vengance RAM 16GB @1600MHz
    Enermax 1350W PSU
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

So I found out I'm missing half the features in the control panel for some reason (no eq, no dolby anything, no extra anything). I guess the 5th install didn't go correctly, now I can't seem to get the driver uninstalled and the phoebus control panel won't show up in my remove programs. I've deleted everything asus related in my pc and the sound still works, even though the phoebus control panel says there are no soundcards installed, I deleted that, still sound.
    It keeps giving me an error everytime I try to re-install and the crap disc won't let me do anything with it. I though it was my pc, I have 3 more high end rigs in the house. It wouldn't install properly on 2 of the 3 other pc's I have. Just hangs on installing and the other refuses to install giving some crap error code lol.

Well, thats enough for me, it's going back and I'm done with Asus soundcards. I've built 20 personal rigs in the last 5 years (I swap to latest and greatest every 6 month) and this stupid soundcard is giving me more grief than anything I've ever installed lol
    Ahh well, whatcha gonna do right?

ROG Member Array

Well im sure this wont help anyone, but I decided to bite the bullet and get a refund today.

My supplier was more than happy with this.

I hope you all get a fix for this problem but in the meantime I have gone back to the XFi which works ok.

me too man, I got my RMA number from ncix today and shipped it back this morning.
    BTW did your card make a snapping sound out of your speakers whenever the card got power or changed modes?

ROG Member Array

Yeah, it was like someone flicking a switch each time the system started.

I think Raja said this was normal in a previous thread.

ROG Member Array

Hello

Installed Phoebus card, no problems.
    Music works fine, Video works fine.....there is an issue with game.
    I have only played BF3 so far....issue is as others describe.
    Played for 15-20 min no problems, then all of a sudden Lags out Fram rate is like 1-2 FPS, long pauses.
    There is sound, but its just lagg sound that moves with the laaged out Frames of BF3 when the issue occurs.
    Game becomes totally unp[layable and unresponsive, have to ALT+F4 to get out of which that tyakes like a min to do.

have not tested out any other games as of yet will do and will post if any other issues.

Asus any updates with this issue would be apriciated ?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by coolasmoo View Post
    Yeah, it was like someone flicking a switch each time the system started.

I think Raja said this was normal in a previous thread.
    When I first heard it, I though the card was arching a spark in my case somewhere lol

ROG Member Array

man

it's kinda scary that you guys would release a device without testing it first, it's not like this is some cheep piece of crap , this is a 200$ sound card, wow my rog maximus gene v just lost a lot of it's value, no wonder my 2500k wont overclock at all, pretty upset and disapointed about the service.

New ROGer Array

Potential workaround

Not sure if this will work in battlefield 3 but I was getting constant game crashes and hard resets while playing various games, particularly Diablo III. The only thing way I managed to prevent this was to not use Dolby Home Theatre at all. I have 192khz and 24 bit sample rates on and xear surround turned on. GX mode was also off and this was playing through headphones plugged directly into sound card. Not sure why the Dobly theater is the issue but this is what prevented my crashes.

Update:
    After playing a round of BF3 for 15 minutes my match also bottomed out to 1-2fps. Did this for about 40-50 seconds then picked back up and I was able to finish the match. Asus needs to come out with a driver update pronto...
    Last edited by mwindham08; 05-20-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast