cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATI 11.1 drivers top right lag box?

TheOriginalTO
Level 7
Anyone else getting a lag box in the top right corner of there screen using these drivers?
You Heard It From - ']['he (())riginal - ']['.(()).
13 REPLIES 13

TheOriginalTO
Level 7
I have reverted back to the 10.11 drivers for now, but I was wondering if anyone else was having the lag box / blurry games / text issues in 11.01 / 11.01a as i was.

Retired
Not applicable
TheOriginalTO wrote:
I have reverted back to the 10.11 drivers for now, but I was wondering if anyone else was having the lag box / blurry games / text issues in 11.01 / 11.01a as i was.

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is a "lag box"?

GW2
Level 7
I have no clue what a lag box is either. I don't think it's a real term, if anything I would think he means the top right corner of his screen is laggy.

TheOriginalTO
Level 7
When I as well as many other apparently put my cursor in the top right of my screen while using the 11.1 / 11.1a drivers there is a certain space that creates a huge amount of lag. You could have just googled it.

GW2
Level 7
Honestly I would never google a term like "lag box", when people want help they're the ones who need to google things. Giving all of the info makes problems go away quicker.

Chastity
Level 10
What game or games is this happening in, as I never noticed this?
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

TheOriginalTO
Level 7
It happened in all of them for me chastity. For some reason my laptop did not accept the 11 series drivers well at all. The games i do play are; Heroes of Newerth, Allods, SC2 and occurs when on desktop using my browser etc.

Chastity
Level 10
OK, so let's assume that this issue is being caused ... actually I have no idea why this would be happening. 🙂 Sounds like a bad gadget. So let's do a proper flush of your 11.1 and get you all proper.

1) Download the 11.01a 01/26 Hotfix on my Driver page, as well as ATI Crap Cleaner
2) Run the installer, and do an Express Uninstall. Reboot to safe mode
3) Run ATI Crap Cleaner, reboot
4) Run the 11.01a installer again, and do an express install. Reboot.
5) Done.
6) Have a milkshake.

Let us know how it turns out, and what flavor milkshake you had chosen.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

TheOriginalTO
Level 7
Doing it now, will let you know how it goes

/edit Alright, did exactly what you said to. Figured out that the blurry games was because tessellation was set to amd optimized, setting ti to application settings fixed that, but I still have the lag box in the top right corner. My milkshake was strawberry