Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

G75 - audio system bugreport

Hi,

There are 2 basic problems with the audio system, described as following:

1) When having external speakers/headset connected, and rebooting and/or resetting audio, the subwoofer plays audio still!
    2) The main volume control doesn't affect subwoofer volume, until it's at 0! (It should always stay relative to other speakers value when in 2.1 mode)
    2a) The main volume control DOES affect subwoofer volume in the case of #1.

So with this very specific bug report, when can we expect a fix?

Fix #1: Always disable subwoofer when external device connected
    Fix #2: Make Subwoofer volume ALWAYS relative to treble speakers when in 2.1 mode (So lowering windows/master volume lowers all sound)

Best regards,

Michael

New ROGer Array

I'm having the same issue bheam has described, and would like to add to it:

When I have headphones plugged in, the external speakers and subwoofer will cut out and switch to the headphones as expected. But, after a minute or so of no audio through the headphones, they will actually switch back to the subwoofer along with the headphones playing. I believe this is similar to bheam's issue with his/her external speakers, if not the same issue.

I've read on other threads that ASUS has had audio issues with the G74 series as well. A couple of users have found that uninstalling the ASUS audio drivers and reinstalling drivers downloaded from the audio manufacturer's website have corrected the problem. I haven't tried this yet, but any other confirmations are always welcome.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by YayInternet View Post
    I'm having the same issue bheam has described, and would like to add to it:

When I have headphones plugged in, the external speakers and subwoofer will cut out and switch to the headphones as expected. But, after a minute or so of no audio through the headphones, they will actually switch back to the subwoofer along with the headphones playing. I believe this is similar to bheam's issue with his/her external speakers, if not the same issue.

I've read on other threads that ASUS has had audio issues with the G74 series as well. A couple of users have found that uninstalling the ASUS audio drivers and reinstalling drivers downloaded from the audio manufacturer's website have corrected the problem. I haven't tried this yet, but any other confirmations are always welcome.
    Not the exact same problem because it was immediate, not delayed, but some of the G73 drivers also caused the audio not to switch. Updating to a newer version from the manufacturer fixed it.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

New ROGer Array

Experiencing about the same problem

Hi,

I just got my Asus G75 and discovered this problem. When I plug in headphones for the 1st time, it works like it should (speakers and subwoofer turn off, and all sounds goes to headphones). When I restart my computer (having the headphones already plugged in), the sounds comes through the headphones and the subwoofer, but not the speakers. Also, I believe it works like xeromist said in that the same problem will occur if no sound plays for a while after plugging in headphones. There was an update for the VIA High Definition Audio driver on the Asus website. I tried first to do the auto-update feature to no avail, so I downloaded and installed the updated driver directly from the website. After restarting my computer, it seemed that the update had actually made the problem worse because the subwoofer would not turn off regardless of whether I replugged the headphones in or not. After manually reverting the driver back to its original version, the problem was not fixed, and I am not sure why.

Currently, when I am using my headphones, I just mute the sound (function key + f10), and that "fixes" the problem. If I want to listen out of the speakers, I just unmute. This is not ideal, but it will have to work until the actual manufacturer or Asus comes out with a fix.

The main reason I shared this was to see if anyone tried the driver update.
    The link to the update is: http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming...75VW/#download
    If anyone does find a real fix to the problem or if Asus/the manufacturer comes out with one, please reply to this post.
    Also, I'm pretty sure this system only has Windows 7 64-bit, but that is what OS I have for information sake.

Thank you,
    The Prichanator

New ROGer Array

Yep

I am having the exact same issue with the audio setup on the G75. It's the only real problem I have ran into on this machine. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

New ROGer Array

I made a thread about my headphone issue too, but just adding it here so we have a comprehensive list of all the issues. It's really annoying especially when I am listening to music somewhat loud, and all of a sudden the sounds comes out of the speakers/sub when I play a new mp3 every now and then. I might not even realize it too cuz I have the headphones on.

New ROGer Array

Same problem

Hi,

i have got the same problem with the woofer Volume.

:-(

Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

Thanks everyone, I have highlighted this thread to the product manager. I will let you know the outcome soon.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Sweet ty marshall
    G75vw DS71
    3610QM I7
    16GB Ram 1600mhz
    750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
    Nvidia gtx 660m
    Purple Keyboard mod
    Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II

New ROGer Array

in my opinion it is just a software problem with via vinyl.

we need just 1 Volume for speaker and woofer. thats a change request.

the other thing is a softwarebug because sometimes woofer channel doesnt get muted after headphone plugin.

thank you

Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast