Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallR@ASUS View Post
    RD reports these issues:

2) The main volume control doesn't affect subwoofer volume, until it's at 0! (It should always stay relative to other speakers value when in 2.1 mode)
    2a) The main volume control DOES affect subwoofer volume in the case of #1.

Have been fixed by the most recent driver update on our site. If you are using other drivers (direct from VIA) we cannot guarantee it will work. If you ARE using the official drivers from the ASUS site and are still having problems, please list them. Thanks!
    MarshallR: The latest driver on the G75 product driver page is Version V6.0.01.10400, which has a revision date of 4/25/12. This is the same driver that was pulled off the website a couple (?) of weeks ago and is has since been brought back. I can confirm that this driver revision does not resolve the subwoofer volume control issue.
    G75VW-BBK5 (Stock configuration with added Crucial M4 256GB SATA SSD as OS boot drive)

Need to know how to restore your G75 to it's factory-like condition? Go to my step-by-step guide:
    Step-by-Step: Using ASUS Recovery DVDs to Restore G75

Want to download the latest drivers and utilities for your G75/G55? Go to this thread:
    Downloading New Drivers/Utilities for G75/G55

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Nice work by asus quality assurance to pull the driver off and then post it back eh? Seriously asus what is going on here and why?

ROG Member Array

I just got this audio bug as well. I plugged in external speakers to watch a movie and the audio came out of external speakers just fine. But I loaded up diablo3 and noticed that the sound was coming from the subwoofer along with my speakers. Hope this gets fixed

New ROGer Array

Also experiencing the same issue, subwoofer volume is not affected by system volume. Even after a clean install of WIN7 and installation of drivers downloaded from ROG site

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array kiba's Avatar

I just got my G75 this weekend and didnt realise this issue till now (subwoofer volume issue) tried reinstalling drivers but no worky. I also have a G73 and G74, and the speakers on the G74 rattled like crazy untill i took it apart and found out that it had just very bad speaker placement (fixed it with some thick adhesive tape, part of the motherboard was resting on top of the speaker) so far very dissappointing audio wise for asus

Not to be argumentative, but marshall that is absolutely not true, it seems this is backed up by the other posters here as well. I really do love asus laptops, and really really hope you guys fix this soon.
    Last edited by kiba; 05-21-2012 at 05:40 PM.
    ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.

ROG Member Array

Hi guys, I have the same problem on my G55.

New ROGer Array

Same here on my G75... please fix it!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array kiba's Avatar

so far i have just had to turn down the sub manually, but since for some reason most of the audio comes out of it (sub) this really lowers the quality of the audio, i am not a programmer by any means, just a simple it guy, even though i dont like that phrase lol, but, i cant imagine that this is a difficulft problem for a company like asus to quickly fix. Im not going to return mine, the fact is that asus has always given me more bang for my buck, and bucks are something im short on. so i guess i will wait. Heres hoping that you guys take this seriously.
    Last edited by kiba; 05-23-2012 at 01:05 AM.
    ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.

Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

It's still being looked at here, don't worry. Thank you for all the updates. We appreciate your patience.

1. no subwoofer volume control in the VIA software (cannot mute or change vol).
    2. subwoofer does not mute like the stereo speakers when external speakers or headphones are plugged in.

Initial and latest drivers do not affect this.

3. VIA HD Audio Deck software does not work after upgrading to the latest drivers.

EDIT: Using Version V6.0.01.10400 drivers so far we cannot replicate issue. Plugging in/unplugged headphones mutes all onboard sound and adjusting the sound via the audio deck adjusts all the 2.1 speakers in this version too. I'm using Vulcan headphones in the 3.5mm headphone jack.

EDIT2: With regards to the subwoofer volume control - the 'LFE' volume bar should be linked to the main volume. It should have at most a 1 second delay to readjust the subwoofer to match. You can see this by opening the VIA HD Audio deck, selecting the Expert mode and adjusting the main audio slider. If you adjust either of the Left or Right sliders it'll put them out of sync.
    Last edited by _; 05-23-2012 at 12:22 PM.

ROG Member Array

[QUOTEJ...since for some reason most of the audio comes out of it (sub) this really lowers the quality of the audio...[/QUOTE]

Is Asus going to fix this, or this a permanent issue? I'm considering buying the G75, but if the subwoofer isn't any good, then I'm turning to Dell XPS or Toshiba Quosmio...

At the moment I have the Asus N71, which has a subwoofer. Can anyone compare the audio quality of the G75 and the N71?

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast